• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Do?

What would you do if you were put in Links situation in OoT? (Which in my case is the begining of it all)

i would probably hesitate a little but would probably go on with the quest. but i think i wouldnt be any match for ganondorf lol

Last edited:

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I would probably die in the Great Deku Tree. I'd die in the bit where you have to jump down onto the spider webs so that you fall through to the under ground bit, I'd probably mis-calculate it and jump either too far or not far enough.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well, for me, I am extremely bored with life. If some sort of adventure like that was thrust upon me or placed upon my shoulders I would jump at the chance to take that adventure.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
I would help the deku tree, but after I took 3 steps in to dondongos (I don't know if I spelled it right) cavern, I would then cash in the spiritual stone for a butt load of money, change my name to Bill and get a different pair of clothes to disguise my self from ganondorf (and so I don't have to look like tingle).

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well honestly I'd be pretty scared about the whole idea of me having to save Hyrule, but if I knew that I was the only one who could do, then I would probably go on with the quest. Although that wouldn't prevent me from getting terrified from the dungeons. :D

I'd be the kind of hero that would be sitting in the fetal position whenever I started fighting the final boss of the dungeon. Heck, I'd probably be in the fetal position once I entered the dungeon! :xd:

Man, I'd just die, flat-out. I wouldn't be able to take the kinds of hits Link can, unless Heart Containers actually magically shield you from injury and pain until they run out. Again, if it were real, you could get away with more, and certain enemies wouldn't really be able to hurt you (collision damage with a bubble?), but all in all, I'd die easy. Some bosses, like Gohma, King Dodongo, and Barinade have "safe zones" where you can avoid damage, and take your time attacking.

Dude, me and you both. My threshold for pain is extremely low. :xd:

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
:( I likely would not get very far because I am tone-deaf, not musically inclined and wouldn't be able to play either of the ocarinas. :eek:carina:

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I'm quite a weak person, I think - physically and emotionally. I'm not an invalid, I love the outdoors, but I think to go on Link's quest, I could use being in better shape. I imagine that I would be afraid of many things, especially dungeons that involve a lot of falling and being eaten alive by boss-creatures. I would like to think that having a "mandate from the gods" quite directly to do the task would give me enough of that "feel of calling" to carry on, though. A large part of me *longs*... *aches* to do something brave and beautiful and to have people trusting and depending on me that I am able to protect - so... maybe I would jump at the call? I do not know. All I do know is that I believe that courage isn't an abscense of fear, but overcoming it. I don't know that I'd have the courage, but, maybe, given something worthwhile to protect, I'd gain it? I'm honestly am not sure I'm as good as that, but we all like to try to think the best of oursevlves.

Now, I can definitely imagine myself trying to save the skulls and skins of the monsters I slay - leathers are useful and skulls are neat, especially to me because I paint/make artwork out of animal skulls. I'd love to have the skull of Volvagia in my home. *Grin.*

I would take it. I think it would be do-able. Of course, I would probably have someone make me a black tunic to wear instead of that green one, but I think it would be pretty fun. And if that were all real, you could get away with a lot more than you can in the game. Like the jumping on the spiderweb thing in the Deku Tree wouldn't be a problem. All you would have to do is cut the web with your sword.

I wouldn't bs around with all the gold skulltulas and things like that, but I would probably go for the Biggoron's Sword. I probably would leave out the ice arrows too, unless I was just kinda bored. That dungeon was too much for an item that you really have no use for.

G

Golem

Interesting topic. This could make some pretty funny fanfics, I think.

I'd love to have the skull of Volvagia in my home. *Grin.*

Win.

I'd probably ignore any call to duty. Someone else will take care of it! I'd just sit around and hang out with the shop clerk all day. It could be like Kokiri Clerks! Then I'd probably get kicked out of Nevernever Land for going through puberty. I'm hard on my luck in Castle Town, and the first victim to become a Redead. From there, I start my career as an aspiring opera singer but--alas!--it all comes to a tragic end. I try singing for a wandering adventurer, probably someone responsible, who takes me out (IE, kills me!) with either a Kokiri Sword or the Biggoron Sword. (Or could someone else obtain the Master Sword?)

Oh well. I had a good run!

C

Crimson Prince

I'd accept... ! But after screaming my head off and negating the fact that I was chosen to save Hyrule. After leaving the Kokiri Forest? My first objective would be to kill Navi and get a new fairy. Either that or I'd just kill her and keep calling Saria with my ocarina for advice. ^_^ If all else fails... I would use Fire.

As for the temples, I'd probably would want to snipe my enemies all the time if possible. Sub-boss and boss battles? Run around flailing and trying to think of a way to kill them. (... Do you seriously think the bosses will pop up like in OoT? Heck no. They will probably eat you alive after you open the door to their chamber)

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Man, I'd just die, flat-out. I wouldn't be able to take the kinds of hits Link can, unless Heart Containers actually magically shield you from injury and pain until they run out. Again, if it were real, you could get away with more, and certain enemies wouldn't really be able to hurt you (collision damage with a bubble?), but all in all, I'd die easy. Some bosses, like Gohma, King Dodongo, and Barinade have "safe zones" where you can avoid damage, and take your time attacking.

And did I mention that nobody in the world can throw a boomerang with enough accuracy to return every time and throw it hard enough to bean enemies in the head and not go off course? Maybe it's magic, or something. I also can't use a slingshot or bow particularly well, and can't lift a Megaton Hammer, or take bomb shrapnel easily, or hang on to a hookshot at those speeds, or really use most of the items the game makes you use.

Heck, I can't even swing a sword fast enough to hit anything.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
If I heard I would have to save the earth. I would fly to mars...so I wouldn't be on earth anymore.

If I was to agree to this I would stock up on 50 Flamethrowers. :nod:

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I would....
Yeah I would go along with it. After all, Link wasn't anything special as far as human abilities came along. Sure I would be scared at the start and come close to dying countless times but that's the whole point of having courage: to be able to do things even if one is unsure or scared. That's what it means to me either way.
I would such a wild ride, I'd say xD

C

Crimson Prince

Crimson Prince read some books lol get some imagination :p

Oh, I DO have imagination. I was just thinking in the more realistic aspect of this. Because, let's face it... If it happened to you in real life... You'd pee your pants. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom