• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What would you do if this game came out and it completely SUCKED?

I would be rather disappointed but I know that won't happen. I have never met a Zelda game I don't like and I have complete faith in Nintendo. They're better than Sony and Microsoft anyway.

Ritualistic suicide, possibly carried out in full view of nintendo headquarters. My death poem would read "WHY, AOUNUMA, WHY??"

Really thought i'd probably be slightly bummed for a while then get on with my life.

Well ... I don't really have high hopes for BotW as it is, so if it does end up sucking I wouldn't be suprised at all. Serves Nintendo right for taking ideas from other openworld games, mashing them together and slapping Zelda on the title.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
So there's been a massive amount of hype for this game, and not without reason: It looks incredible.

However, we've thought the same before. Twilight Princess also looked incredible, and while I still love it, it didn't exactly deliver what was expected.

As a non-Zelda example, there is the recent lukewarm release of No Man's Sky, a game which is generally considered to be fairly decent but nothing like what was predicted.

So what would your reaction be if Breath of the Wild was absolutely terrible?

I'd burn it and go back to Skyward Sword, Hero Mode and eat popcorn while crying - "Why is BotW so ****ty? :("
["You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"[/QUOTE]
"Yes I have; you creepy-ass salesman.:ham:

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I'd go back to playing Oot, MM and WW, and maaaaybe TP.
And ofc dust off the NES-mini a bit and continue playing on that.

I don't think I would care. I have not played a Zelda game that I didn't get really into. Even thr adventures of Link had me for a good while and thst game is basically garbage. I just love Zelda so much that I think I'd find something to enjoy about the game one way or another.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I would try to find some meaning for my life. I would be lost, going through withdrawls. Aimlessly wandering the streets looking for something to appease my need for Zelda. I would eventually reach the end of my proverbial wits and end it all. ;)

To be honest, I doubt I would notice if it was bad. I'm so excited to play Zelda games, and I always get so wrapped up in the stories and the gameplay, that I never seem to notice their shortcomings. I'm just having too much fun. When I played Skyward Sword, I never thought about hand-holding or Fi's frequent interruptions until I read what critics wrote online. Then I'd think, "huh, they're right, we did spend an awful long time learning how to play," shrug, and then keep playing.

Really, the only way I'd get upset is if the game is so fantastically and undeniably "I just can't take this anymore this game is unplayable" bad that even my very rose-tinted glasses can't overlook its flaws. I doubt Nintendo will make any mistakes that great, though. If it does mess up, it will probably be something small that I won't notice while I'm playing and won't care about when I do.

So there's been a massive amount of hype for this game, and not without reason: It looks incredible.

However, we've thought the same before. Twilight Princess also looked incredible, and while I still love it, it didn't exactly deliver what was expected.

As a non-Zelda example, there is the recent lukewarm release of No Man's Sky, a game which is generally considered to be fairly decent but nothing like what was predicted.

So what would your reaction be if Breath of the Wild was absolutely terrible?
Nintedo would have to do something very wrong to make this game a total failure

The graphics really are a deal breaker for me.
That moment when you decide what to play based on the graphics is probably the same moment you should stop playing video games. 2001 called and it wants its argument to why "Zelda/Nintendo is dead" back.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'd be bummed. The treehouse showing left me pretty hopeful though. I can think of things like the combat not looking that great, but I'd think it's probably gonna have the best core gameplay of any Zelda so far based on the stream. Right now I think the only way it could seriously kill my hopes would be if they decided to remove the physics engine, the climbing, the difficult enemies like steppe talus and the guardians, weapon breaking... all pretty unlikely. (at least I hope so)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Shrug my shoulders and move on. I'm not expecting much. I see a lot of terrible concepts (degrading weapons) that I seriously can't see working out, but I like to be hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom