• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Do If The World Was Ending?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Recently I watched the movie 2012, it's an action/drama set in an apocalyptic setting. The end of the world is happening around the people in the movie, and at points I questioned the actions of people in the film. There was a scene just past the halfway point of the film where people have gathered at the White House and the White House staff are still working there. If I knew the world was going to end and there was no way I could survive, I definitely wouldn't go into work anymore regardless of the status of my job.

After watching the film, I decided to ask this hypothetical question: if you knew the world was ending and there was nothing you could do to survive, what would you do with the little time that you have left?

If you want to watch a film about the end of the world watch Seeking A Friend for the End of the World, it's perfection.

Anyway, if the world was ending I'd look forward to the final moments of whatever was happening as my final memory. I wouldn't do much else, I have a friend I'm intimate with, probably check some stuff off the bucket list.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As a hypothetical, if the world was to end tomorrow, I would immediately catch a last minute flight to be with my significant other so we could experience it together.

If I had a week, however, or even longer, I would still do the same. On top of that though, I would probably whip out my bucket list and begin doing things that i haven't had the chance to do. And if that includes dangerous things, well there's no real risk if we're all going to die anyway.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Depends on the timeframe but I would probably try and get to be with my family. In the last few hours (say if it were an asteroid) I would probably get myself very very drunk since it is probably better to die drunk than sober if it is going to happen anyway.

D

Deleted member 88720

I'd treat it like any other day, but comfort those that are having crises' on any degree. I know a ton of people would be panicking in my stead.
Why fear what you can't change? That's how I'd handle it.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I would want to spend time with the person I love the most on earth. And be there for others that need me. Oh, and take a ski trip.

Depends how long I'd have in advance to prepare. If I had like, 30 minutes, I'd just lie down in a dark room, hugging my cat. Maybe listen to the Final Hours track from MM (As it would be very fitting, plus I like the sense of calm dread it gives).

If I had days or weeks, I'd like to tell people how I've felt about them. I'd stop with the fake 'me' that everyone sees. Then I'd do a bunch of illegal stuff, like maybe looting and arson. Oh, and maybe kill the one person who often haunts my nightmares. I'd then find a quiet place in a forest to do whatever I want with the stolen goods and live out my last few hours.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Here's another thread where I didn't answer my own question, but I will now! I certainly wouldn't go into work like some of the people in 2012 were doing! We may as well get that out of the way. I think I'd just spend time with my friends and family and reassure my love for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom