• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Would You Change About a Game?

I think we've all thought at some point while playing a Zelda game "This should've been like that", "They shoul've done this", etc. What are the things that you would change of a game to make it better?

I'll start. I recently played through TP again and after I beat Arbiter's Grounds and the Sages say the locations of the mirror shards, I thought that the next 3 dungeons shouldn't have that set order. I think that we should've had the choice of what dungeon to do first. The only problem I see with this is the Dominion Rod. The Dominion Rod is required to reach the City in the Sky. This could be solved by maybe not requiring the Dominion Rod. Maybe the statues could simply be pushed to reveal the missing characters. Still, the book would be needed, so that would prevent the much earlier access. Apart from that, this could work because the items gotten in each of the dungeons are not neede in the others.

In Skyward Sword, I've never liked how the 3 areas aren't connected. This doesn't make any sense because the Goron could travel between the three areas and he doesn't fly. I was thinking it could have been better if we have to reach the area first by foot, then we get access to the sky.

So, what are your ideas?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
In Skyward Sword, I've never liked how the 3 areas aren't connected. This doesn't make any sense because the Goron could travel between the three areas and he doesn't fly. I was thinking it could have been better if we have to reach the area first by foot, then we get access to the sky.
Agreed, there should be a field area. I also think there shouldve been an ice region.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Agreed, there should be a field area. I also think there shouldve been an ice region.

I somewhat disagree. There was already a field area that is what the sky acted as, but I do agree that there should have been some changes to the over world. Focusing on the sky itself, I did not mind moving through the sky but there just was nothing to explore up there, the islands needed to be bigger with more characters and things to explore/find. As for moving from region to region from on the ground that would been nice, I do not expect an actual field to join them but in games like OoT and TP there are certian caves, rivers and under water holes that you can go through as a short cut from one place to another far away, that is what should have connected the three regions in SS. And the ice area is a good idea:yes:.

With Zelda, I actually only think about such changes after a first playthrough of the game. Struggles and disappointments within any game can be either good or bad, and it's really hard for me to distinguish between them until after the fact. I also change my mind about whether I think the game should be changed in a particular way or I change my mind about how I think the game should be changed.

Anyway, apart from relatively common suggested changes I've discovered on the Internet, I would exclude the Lens of Truth from both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Some detection mechanism similar to the Stone of Agony would be a better alternative, I think. Then again, it might be possible that there is no effective way to incorporate "seeing what isn't seen" mechanics like the Lens of Truth does. I just don't think it makes gameplay any more interesting. I do like going through the Bottom of the Well in Ocarina of Time, though...

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
TP, I would cut the Hyrule field areas in size, I would make the game non-linear from the beginning. I will get rid of the 3-day tutorial thing.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Every game had problems I could say could have been done different, If I were to list them all I'd be here all week. So the most recent time I did that was with SS, I think it should have had a feild area on the surface connecting the provinces together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom