• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Call Your Child?

I have not seen anyother threads on this so far and I thought it would be interesting to see some peoples answer.

Anyway back to the topic, As the title says what would you call your child or your children, Even though I am still young me and my friends already have ideas of what names we like.

For a boy I would call him either Neal or Paul (Both my brothers names) and I prefer Neal compared to Neil (Neal being the Irish spelling of Neil which is the English version). For middle names I would give him Colin (After my Grandad) or Andrew (Which is my first name). All these are the names that I like most for a boy.

For a girl I would call her either Elisa or Amy (Amy also being a name in our family), For a middle name I would give her Karen (After my mum) or Janet (Once again another family name).

So what would you call your child

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I have decided that if I am ever stuck with a child (I don't really plan to have one), I'd give it a unique-sounding name. I am not fond of the oh-so-common, bland American names like "Melissa" or "Andrew" or "Samantha" or "Daniel" or stuff like that. Bleh.

For female names, we've come up with:
Italia or Sicily (my fiance is Italian/Sicilian), Josélleña (my middle name), Alejandria Daniela (after my best friend and my brother), Legendia, or Hylia.

For male names, we've come up with:
Alejandro Miguel (after my brother), Sicilio, Italio, or Legend.

I'd prefer to stick to a Hispanic name, but I'm very fond of "Hylia" for a girl.

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
Haven't thought of this at all. Let's see...

For a boy-Damen, Kai, or Eric

For a girl-Chrystal, Naomi, or Yuki

(Don't really want to have kids)

Claire

The Geekette
I suppose some underestimate the power of a name, but a silly name causes more hardship than needed for young children and the taunting is not appropriate or appreciated, which is why the names of which I like are not too unusual in meaning or of popularity. I appreciate names that reflect origin, as well as providing a positive meaning. The following names reflect the countries of origin of my ancestors:

Female
Evelyn Sofiya (desired wisdom)

Male
Liam Nelson (desired champion)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
After some thinking I came up with these names for a future child (I don't have childrenplans though). I want my kids to have a Dutch name, but not the standard top 10 names like Sophie (my sisters name :P), Anne, Lars or Tim. I don't want to give a name that sounds silly like Boas or Onky (I swear that I know people who are named like that D:)

Anyways here are my favourites for children names

Boy names
Mark
Rolf

Girl names
Mariska

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, I'm terrible at the name game. And it is hard trying to find names with my last name. So, I'll just throw some things around and see where it takes me.

Guy
Christopher, jr.
Thomas
Timmothy

Girl
Alison
Marissa
Courtney

See, I'm not the greatest at the name game. I would just have to let the wife (If I ever find one) name them...

M

:.:Mikki:.:

Hehe.

If it was a boy, I would either name him Timothy or Anthony. (Timmy or Tony. =P)

Or, if it was a girl, I would name her Abby or Kelly.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
This is a hard decision to make. I've always wanted certain names, but they're really just been random ones that I've liked. Lately, I've been thinking more about family names that I like.
Of course, that's if I were to have kids.

But these are probably my favourite family names at the moment.
Boy: Robert, David, Thomas, William
Girl: Alice, Elizabeth, Sara(h), Hannah

S

Spreeze

Oh geeze. I think I'd have to have the husband help me out XD

Uhm. I haven't given it much thought, really. But here's what I've come up with:

Boy:
Mark, Riley. Jack is okay, too.
Girl:
Aya, Jess.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Well, I haven't thought about it much, me being 15, but I have already come up with a name for a girl. Sedona, named after Sedona, Arizona. It's a beautiful name. :P

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
If everything goes as planned, my first born will be a boy, and he will take my name, that being Eric. My second will be a girl, and her name will be Lindsey. My third will be another boy, and I'm torn between naming him Kevin or Cody.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Baby names? geez....I don't know:S. *sigh* Well, here's a couple of names that I manage to come up with:

Female:
-Gina, Lily, Teresa, Alexis, Tiana

Male:
-Vincent, Jason, Zack

Well Im only 16 but in about 5-10 years Id love to have children, as for names there are not many names Id want but there are a couple I like. Unlike a lot of people on here I would prefer to have a normal/usual name but hopefully Ill get a mrs. and she may have some ideas. For me I like:-

Boy - Oliver (A cousin who looks exactly like me when I was 4), John (my name)
Girl - Olivia (A friend I have) - thats all I have at the mo

Yes I Know Oliver and Olivia :p

B

Blood Wolf

Me and a few people on a chat site talked about this subject, even if I'm only 15.

Male: Salander
Female: Serenity (probably Serenity Reign).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom