• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U What Would Make WW Better

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I actually think this game deserves a remake. My issue with it was the quest for tingle, collecting charts and triforce shards. It was SO tedious that WW is my least played Zelda game. I would want them to add the two additional dungeons that they scrapped to get the game out more quickly for the fans. The changing of the direction of the wind mechanic was also very irritating. What would also have made the wind waker better was if Ganondorf was harder to beat at the end. The other thing that would have improved it is if Makar and Medli were more helpful in the dungeons, they got contantly kidnapped and it was irritating carrying them around.

I think the wind waker was a very atmospheric game in general, with one of the best soundtracks in the series. It was done a great disservice by these things I mentioned above. There are things I love about the wind waker but this is also the game I have the most issues with, even more than TP which was just a difficulty thing.

sigurd

Hylian Knight
Ganonking-I actually think this game deserves a remake. My issue with it was the quest for tingle, collecting charts and triforce shards. It was SO tedious that WW is my least played Zelda game. I would want them to add the two additional dungeons that they scrapped to get the game out more quickly for the fans. The changing of the direction of the wind mechanic was also very irritating. What would also have made the wind waker better was if Ganondorf was harder to beat at the end. The other thing that would have improved it is if Makar and Medli were more helpful in the dungeons, they got contantly kidnapped and it was irritating carrying them around.

Ganonking-I think the wind waker was a very atmospheric game in general, with one of the best soundtracks in the series. It was done a great disservice by these things I mentioned above. There are things I love about the wind waker but this is also the game I have the most issues with, even more than TP which was just a difficulty thing.

i could not agree more id like to see a handheld remake off sorts and beable to speed up the wind so faster sailing time

I think the wind waker was a very atmospheric game in general, with one of the best soundtracks in the series. It was done a great disservice by these things I mentioned above. There are things I love about the wind waker but this is also the game I have the most issues with, even more than TP which was just a difficulty thing.

One thing that would have made it better where a few levels.
From what i had heard they where going to put more in but they did not.
For me thats the only thing that would have improved it.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Absolutely nothing. It is a masterpiece in my opinion. A lot of people had issues with game but not me. It is one of the very few video games that I would call "perfect". I know a lot of people found the long sailing annoying, but I really didn't. When I play a Zelda game I prepare to immerse myself in it for the long hall; i don't want to rush through it.. I found the long sailing sequences to be fun; as it made the ocean more realistic. Call me crazy but I think TWW was an amazing game that needs no improvement whatsoever.

Big Octo

=^)
To be honest, I thought the game was really great. Taking anything away or adding something to it would ruin the experience.

Gameplay

I was very fond of how WW was played. Sailing was a great experience, it really added to the feel of a true adventure.

405px-Wind_Waker_Scene.jpg

As an expansive overworld, the Great Sea is full from many surprises. From unexpected maritime battles to being sidetracked into salvaging treasure, it really speaks for itself. Exploring islands for anything was truly an adventure of its own, for you wouldn't know what secrets lie within.

Off the boat and onto land, glorious action and amazing experiences are still found. Who could forget the fighting?

NoArmorDarknut.png

The revolutionary Targeting System seen in OoT and MM was brought back for this third 3D installment. Link found himself with new fighting techniques and more complex sword combos. He could take on large hordes of Moblins and Darknuts with the skills he held. This really added to the experience.

The controls for the game were very smooth to me, perfect action each time. I'd give the gameplay 9/10.

Graphics

WW dipped the Zelda series into a cartoonish and colorful cel-shaded world.

165px-3D_WW_Link.png

While some rejected the new style of graphics, I personally adored it. The bright colors and interesting themes brought the game together. I'll keep it short and sweet: the graphics were wonderful.

For them, they get an 8/10.

Story

The plot off WW branched off from the Adult Ending of OoT. With the parting of the Hero and return of Ganon, disaster struck.

800px-Normal_opening_4.png

After the events of the Great Flood, Hyrule is submerged under the tides. It goes on to explain the traditions of Outset Island, and shows how Link eventually became a true Hero. From the simple aspect of a kidnapped sister, the story complexes to the terror of Ganon and the mystical Wind Waker. It goes on even further to show that Link must obtain the Master Sword, assemble the Triforce of Courage, and ultimately save the Great Sea.

I was very favorable of the story. It gets a 9/10 in my book.

Music

This is what really tied the game together. With an excellent soundtrack, it felt as though that you were actually in the Great Sea. The dungeon tunes, the theme of the Great Sea, and many more compositions really makes the game what it is.

10/10 for outstanding music.

Overall, it's a 9/10 for me. There'n nothing that I could see that would make the game better, for it's great how it is now.

The game should be more challenging because it is the easiest Zelda in my opinion, better dungeon design, faster sailing and more teleport spots. Those were really my only complaints but WW is awesome.;)

Personally, I think they gave us the Hookshot too late in the game, therefore causing it to be underused. On another note, I really loved the Triforce Chart quest, it brought back an original Legend of Zelda type feel to it, all the while encouraging even more exploring. I liked sailing even as a general concept, especially because of all the weird places you could find and explore. The music is wonderful, the gameplay is terrific, and it's perfectly balanced (in my opinion). That's why it's my favorite game of all time.

They should have placed the islands closer to each other, made it possible to fight while sailing, give you more teleporting spots, some action in old hyrule, more temples, At least ONE har temple, triforce chart quest less tedious or more spread out, and Zelda acting more like Tetra.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honestly, for me, Wind Waker was a really good game. In fact, that game is my #2 favorite Zelda, right being Ocarina of Time. I'm not certain there could be many things that could be changed that could improve the game.

However, if there was one way, make the actual quest a bit longer and a bit more difficult. A lot of the dungeons were a breeze to get through (even though it still required a bit of thinking power off of me), but some dungeons could have been a bit more difficult. Perhaps even more dungeons than just the 2 required Sage dungeons and the 3 required pearl dungeons. I know there are a bunch of tiny little dungeons to explore, but more quest-based dungeons could have been awesome.

Aside from that, I haven't a clue as to what could possibly be changed. :)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think there could've been a lot of improvements made which would've made the game really much better, and none of which are too hard to implement. As it is, it's in my opinion the weakest 3D Zelda yet (7/10 for me which means it's still really good compared to other games outside Zelda). The game has very many good points too of course, but I'll only list the flaws here so this might look unbalanced! Remember that this is not a review! So let's get into the details:

Gameplay

- Too low difficulty: WW is in my opinion the easiest Zelda game of them all (at least out of the ones I've played), I never had my health under ~70% during the whole game, at least up to the final battle which had just the right difficulty - for normal bosses, that is. Even there I didn't have to use a fairy, I was maybe down to 5 hearts or so at the end. Falling into the lava for example should cost 2 hearts like in TP and not 1/4 or 1/2. Regular enemies should do 1/2-1 damage (depending on how far you're in the game) and bosses 1-3. There shouldn't even be 1/4 hearts. This would be the easiest to make improvement.

- Too big overworld: Yeah, I also didn't like how getting from A to B took ages, especially in the beginning (Sailing from the forest island to where the water temple was supposed to be and then back to the shopping island is a prime example here).
Possible solutions:
- Condense overworld to 1/2-1/3 of the original size in both axes. This wouldn't take away from the game's "big ocean feel" because it'd be still big enough, just easier and less boring to navigate. The Goron sidequest for example was a really time-consuming monster!
- More warping spots. I see absolutely no reason why you can only warp to a select few spots instead of to every square (Places you're not supposed to go yet to could then of course be disabled earlier in the game).
- A "magical sail" (which slowly consumes magic) or similar upgrades for the sail which could let you gain speed, it kinda sucks that you have to use the same slow sail over the course of the whole game.

- Other, rather minor time-consuming nuisances:
- Repetitive cutscenes, for example when you play that song to change wind direction. It then always shows the song again and the wind blowing around. Or when you use the grappling hook, there's always a cutscene showing how the hook attaches to its aim. There's no need to watch these scenes everytime, it would be enough to show them for example once per save, similar to that "You found a yellow/blue/... rupee" in TP. Or simply make them skippable.
- Sailing interruption, I didn't like how the boat made a full stop after you pull out an item (for example boomerang, bow, canon...). Sea combat would be so much cooler if you could use your stuff on the fly.

- Few dungeons: I found it a bit disappointing that after the typical "plot twist", there were only 2 more main dungeons + Ganon's castle, because normally the majority of dungeons are in the part after getting the MS, so I was kinda expecting more there.

- Triforce quest: This was quite repetetive. Sure, there was some variation with different tasks to do before getting each of the maps and the pieces, but there could've been more. Combined with my last point, maybe there should've been 2-3 more main dungeons through which they could've scattered the pieces.

Graphics

Overall, the artstyle they chose fit very well to the game and allowed for many emotions to come across. Still, there are some things I wasn't entirely happy with.

- Proportions: This is a bit of a matter of taste and I know it's supposed to be like a cartoon, but even for a cartoon these body proportions were a bit too exaggerated in my taste, like the head making up half of the body size or eyes that are bigger than feet... This somehow didn't let me take many of the characters seriously enough.

- Lack of detail: I thought that even for a toon game, there was very little detail, both in the form of few environment objects and as mostly monochrome textures. This combined with the very high saturation just isn't my thing. I also thought there was a bit too heavy use of distance fog, for example when approaching an island it stayed as a completely gray silhouette very long, even when you were already quite close to it and when it already took a big portion of the screen.

I don't have any notable issues with the soundtrack and storyline/plot though.

Hero

Prince of *drum roll*
my all time favorite game.
if I could ask for anything different at all it would me more islands to explore
and
a harder version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom