• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What would it take for you to purchase an NX?

After the Wii I wasn't going to invest ina Wii U, not even Zelda U would have swayed me to get one (at leeast not until the Wii U's successor had been released) but then Nintendo went and dropped an HD remake of my favourite video game of all time (The Wind Waker [on my birthday!]) so I just had to get a Wii U.

With WWHD out on the WiiU the NX (depending on what kind of console it is VR/AR/hyrbid etc) holds very little sway over me. It'd take a lot of decent games and a low price tag to convince me to purchase one since I have all I ever wanted on the WiiU.

But what would it take for you to invest in an NX?
Would it depend on what hardware gimmick it'll have?
Would it depend on a checklist of games that you'd really like to see?
Or are you done with Nintendo after the WiiU?

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
At this point, I don't know. It's not the games that are going to sway me. Of course the games are going to be great. Metroid Prime, Zelda, and whatever else they're cooking up. They're bound to be excellent and fun. That's not the issue for me.

What is probably going to keep me from getting one is the business side of it. I don't want a console that is going to stay alive for only a few more years again. What's Nintendo going to do with the NX once the PS5 comes out? Drop it? Keep it going until it's obsolete?

Basically, what's going to keep me from getting the NX is that it's going to be behind the instant it comes out (that's my assumption at least), and I'm not going to get a brand new console not even half-way into this console generation.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
wii u backwards compatibility
they are a few games i really want to play for it,and if i could do that w/ the nx then we all good

also a new installment in a neglected franchise [like f zero] would definitley entice me

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If it has Wii U backwards compatibility (which it most likely will), then I'll skip getting a Wii U entirely and just get the NX. Even if there aren't a lot of great games for it at first, at least I'll have the option of playing them, and good games would inevitably be released for it anyway.

Of course, a good number of good games at or around launch wouldn't be too shabby either, but the main selling point for me would be the backwards compatibility.

If it's some outrageous price, though, and it doesn't have a good launch library, then I'll probably skip buying one when it comes out.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I can't really say if there's anything I'm specifically looking for out of the system. I've been getting less and less involved in gaming lately. I suppose some exciting and fun party games that never get old, and a few fantastic adventures. Also a new main series Animal Crossing for the console wouldn't hurt, one that could link to a handheld would be even better.

Djinn

and Tonic
I never buy a console when it first comes out. I typically wait for it to have several games I really want to have, not just a few or some games I think might be fun. But many that I just got to play. So typically I do not bother with a console in the first year at all because it takes a while to build up a library and get some things out that I want.

With the NX I am not too sure. The Wii U never really wowed me and it had one incredibly weak opening list of games. This is going to make me take a bit longer on the NX unless Nintendo has made some changes from the previous model.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
if it's the next console (and not some side project / collaboration) and it drops in 2016, they've lost me as a customer. Past that, it's going to have to be really damn impressive. First party games are no longer enough to keep me around - Outside of a few bright spots, I've found their efforts less and less compelling since the N64. As it stands, there are zero games on the Wii U that I consider essential enough to justify buying hardware so far and the Wii only gave me slightly more to be happy about.

I still don't even really know what the hell the system is, so there's that.

If it's a console, 98% chance won't buy. I almost never play consoles nowadays, and between the gym and work, I'm rarely home before late evening.

If it's portable in some way, then sign me up.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
If it has Wii U backwards compatibility (which it most likely will), then I'll skip getting a Wii U entirely and just get the NX. Even if there aren't a lot of great games for it at first, at least I'll have the option of playing them, and good games would inevitably be released for it anyway.

Of course, a good number of good games at or around launch wouldn't be too shabby either, but the main selling point for me would be the backwards compatibility.

If it's some outrageous price, though, and it doesn't have a good launch library, then I'll probably skip buying one when it comes out.

^ This pretty much sums up my own line of thought.

I only bought a Wii when SS came out and was waiting for Zelda U before even considering purchasing a Wii U. It would be great if the NX had Wii U game compatibility because the few games that I do want to play from the Wii U's library would not really justify the cost of purchasing the console. However, being able to look forward to future games on the NX and being able to play those few Wii U games that interested me would be just the push I'd need to consider buying the NX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom