• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What would it take for BotW 2 to become your new favorite/least favorite Zelda game?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Breath of the Wild brought the world, what it lacked was the depth. I want to see a world of that sized flushed out. More story, more interesting characters, more places you can visit, more items, more dungeons, etc. I like the suggestion of doing something like MM, with the more intriguing storyline. I want to see all the things they did new and exciting in BotW married to classic Zelda staples, with a fun and interesting twist. I don't just want BotW, I need Zelda too.

if it takes the best of BOTW and the other 3d zeldas, and has a world that is DENSE with content rather than being large for the sake of it, it could be my favorite. the dungeons, story and music were so lacking in BOTW

When I first played Breath of the Wild, I didn't know too much about the blood moon. So when it first triggered in my play through, I was in Kakariko Village. As the music got eerie, the sky turned red, and malice floated around, I was trying to figure out what was going on. At this point I had never experienced such confusion and fear from a Zelda game since I was 5 years old playing Majora's Mask! I was thinking, will I get bombarded by enemies until it subsides? Will Ganon appear and attack me? It was an amazing feeling since I didn't expect it! Of course, it just the enemies you defeated back but so much more could have been implemented!

So when the first trailer for the sequel came out, I returned to this memory. What if "Ganondorf" or "Mummified Ganon" chased you at certain points traveling around? You couldn't beat him and you "probably" couldn't stun him. With the sequel gaining a lot of traction being a darker title since MM and TP, this would be something I personally would GREATLY enjoy in a Zelda title. And since we will more than likely have 3 different areas to explore (Underground, Hyrule, and the sky ruins) Ganondorf could just be something you deal with underground. Maybe trying to find Zelda or the master sword.... OR if a playable Zelda is possible, make this system be for Zelda underground. Chased by Ganondorf trying to discover more information about the (Zonai) Ruins and maybe the history of Ganondorf and why he was imprisoned where he was.

Better Dungeons that aren't using the same gimmicks. That Vah Naboris Dungeons is just straight up bad. Awful design awful boss and just a poorly paced dungeon period. I think I ranked it as the 2nd worst Dungeon in a 3D zelda just ahead of that Wind temple in Wind Waker.

Dungeons within the actual landscapes like every other Zelda game. Why are some of the most creative and best puzzle designs in the game limited to optional shrines? The best parts of BOTW were in the side activities. Whenever I was doing story related stuff...it was just average. Be it the dungeons or forced stealth sections and the awful Lost Woods area too. Ganons castle was also a terrible designed last area. YOu could literally skip everything. Should have been a proper dungeon.

But heres the weird thing..all of that was barely 10% of the game. I spent over 200 hours in BOTW doing everything pretty much and maybe 15-20 hours was doing the 4 dungeons and the mandatory story stuff. That was my least fav part of the game(and anything related to the lost woods)

Also I want them to have some more meaningful stuff to find instead of Korok seeds. 900 Korok seeds was a bit pointless. They could have cut down the seeds to about 300 and have us find other cooler stuff for upgrading gear or something. After 150 Seeds I sort of gave up collecting them. And I put 200+hours in BOTW doing all DLC's and shrines. Korok seeds...couldn't give two ****s about them.

Last edited:
Favorite: Be TP, but better. Smoother physics, more good dungeons, and a similar, but more modern combat system. Oh and the Wii U tech demo art style.

Least favorite: Be an abominable hybrid of SS and BotW. Not something that's in between the two in quality, but something combines all of their foul sins and none of BotW's saving graces. Motion controls, ugly graphics, bad dungeons, you name it.

I realy hope link gets the triforce of courage, that would be amazing.

And the trailers time stopping/reversal power, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the time stopping/reversal power from the trailer would make it way easier for everyone. SPEEDRUNERS REJOICE!!!!

If he does, he'll have to find all the pieces and reassemble it.
Wait, I thought it was already reassembled????

Some things I'd really like to see is
Fishing: like TP. none opf this waste time throwing a bomb or shooting arrows at it and swim/cryosis to it crap.
Full Dungeons: I liked the Divine Beasts and the shrines, don't get me wrong but, 120 mini dungeons(the shrines), and 4 ok sized ones(the beasts) was interesting on the first play through. after that it was a tedious grind. With Hyrule castle feeling like a more authentic Zelda Dungeion(Pun unintended)
More Big Boi Enemies: Hynox, Moldugas, Guardians, Taluses and Lynels were fun, but they were all we had. I'd have enjoyed a fow more, Like Darknuts and/or Iron Knuckles. Gidbos/ Redeads at night, though, I'd probably soil myself with how Nintendo liked to amp them up).

Favorite: Be TP, but better. Smoother physics, more good dungeons, and a similar, but more modern combat system. Oh and the Wii U tech demo art style.

Least favorite: Be an abominable hybrid of SS and BotW. Not something that's in between the two in quality, but something combines all of their foul sins and none of BotW's saving graces. Motion controls, ugly graphics, bad dungeons, you name it.

Nintendo wouldn't DARE put motion controls in BOTW2. Even the forced motion parts BOTW were ****.

As for TP...just get rid of the Wolf gameplay and have more sidequests. TP had a decent overworld...just nothing in it.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Nintendo wouldn't DARE put motion controls in BOTW2. Even the forced motion parts BOTW were ****.

As for TP...just get rid of the Wolf gameplay and have more sidequests. TP had a decent overworld...just nothing in it.
I don’t know, I don’t think the wolf gameplay was that bad, although human Link is better. I liked using senses and using Midna’s spin attack. I also just found it cute with having Link as a wolf with Midna on your back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom