• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would Happen if You Got Too High in the Sky? (and Clouds)

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
We all know there's gonna be an upper limit to the sky, there's even an elevation meter while you're flying. So what would happen if you got too high. (I know this is a very minor thing, but please don't pester me about it, I'm just really curious on what you think). I would personally want something similar to the Icarus story, where they got too close to the sun and the wax in the wings melted and the wings tore apart. Except this time, it would be like the Loftwing gets dazed at the sun's brightness and temporarily becomes confused (they could make a really funny scene with that), but gets back in control before Link plummets to his doom into, uh... clouds? That is actually another thing I want to talk about, why can't link touch the clouds? Is it like "hard" clouds? :dry: That would be weird. Back to the too close to the sun thing, another guess might be similar to the Wii sports resort thing, where a message would say "go lower, you're gonna burn!" or something like that. I really don't want that, it's just not as humourous as my first guess. Another thing I won't want it an "invisible barrier" at the top. I really hate those in video games :mad:, where you see there's something behind it but for a reason that is not explained at all, you can't get past an invisible wall, or ceiling in the Skyloft case. So, what do you think? I know this post is not organized very well but I just wanted to get down whatever pops up in my head, so I don't forget I need to write something else...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Your blood would boil at the high altitude and you would die. Also the air will become thin and you will pass out. In real life that is.
In Zelda probably the bird will just not fly higher or take you down on its own, like the King of Red lions turned you around when you went too far in the wind waker.

Skyloftian

Skyloft's Artist
I think there is no limit to how high you can fly, and Link orbits through the galaxy on his Loftwing until he reaches a black hole!
Or not.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I do believe I might have seen this happen in a recent video (don't remember which one) were the loftwing just couldn't go higher, nothin special happened...

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I hope that if you go too high you and your bird will immediately burst into flame and burn alive as you plummet to the ground, the flesh being seared from your bones...

But it's probably just gonna be an invisible wall or something. :dry:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Just played the demo again to find out - and the bird simply doesn't go any higher at some point. Makes sense because the air could be too thin for the bird to generate more buoyancy but still it's kinda disappointing. Maybe it'll change in the final version but I don't think so.

It could be some sort of scene where you lose control for a second and you just turn around. Of course, Fi could pull a King of Red Lions sort of line and say "Link, it is too dangerous to go any higher" or something along those lines.
Or your Loftwing could get scared and start freaking out and just fly down.
OR whoa this just popped into my head while writing.
*SPOILER**SPOILER **SPOILER* - There's a video somewhere that shows Link jumping off of Skyloft and never calling his Loftwing, and another knight swoops in and catches him. Perhaps something similar could happen when going to high, a knight comes by and advises you not to go any higher ?
We'll have to wait and see O.O

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I played the game, if I recall correctly you simply can't go any higher, there's an invisible barrier.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
That bar you see when flying your Loftwing is an altimeter. It measures how high up or far down you can go. Nothing happens, per se, except hitting an invisible barrier above or below. It doesn't affect you side-to-side since you can fly whichever direction horizontally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom