• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would Happen if an Evil Being Tried to Wield the Master Sword?

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
I'm wondering what would happen if an evil being were to try to wield the Master Sword, the blade of evil's bane. No evil can touch it so I think either the Master Sword would burn the hand of that evil being or the wouldn't even be able to grasp the hilt. What are your thoughts?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Most likely they're either physically incapable of touching the sword or it is harmful to them.

Maybe it pulls away from em like the Book of Shadows in Charmed? Or perhaps it turns intangible so they can't grasp it? Maybe it burns evil people until they drop it or burst into flames.

Perhaps the spirit of Fi comes alive and starts directing the Master Sword to beat em over the head?

It is kind of a shame that we have never seen any baddie try to touch the master sword. Perhaps given its reputation none have been dumb enough to try. Would be interesting to see what happens if they did though. :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well it says in multiple games that the blade cannot be touched by evil...

However one scene sticks out to me, in Twilight Princess Link while in Wolf form goes up to where the Master Sword lays. Remember that currently this transformation is due to the evil curse that Zant set on Link, so when Wolf Link gets near the Pedestal the force of the Master Sword is really storng. The evil inside Link is purged and now he is in his true form. So I think that any evil which steps within a few feet of the balde is instantly wiped out and this is probably the case.

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
Most likely they're either physically incapable of touching the sword or it is harmful to them.

Maybe it pulls away from em like the Book of Shadows in Charmed? Or perhaps it turns intangible so they can't grasp it? Maybe it burns evil people until they drop it or burst into flames.

Perhaps the spirit of Fi comes alive and starts directing the Master Sword to beat em over the head?

Ok it would be funny to watch Fi controlling the Master Sword and beating that evil being over the head with it!

Well it says in multiple games that the blade cannot be touched by evil...

However one scene sticks out to me, in Twilight Princess Link while in Wolf form goes up to where the Master Sword lays. Remember that currently this transformation is due to the evil curse that Zant set on Link, so when Wolf Link gets near the Pedestal the force of the Master Sword is really storng. The evil inside Link is purged and now he is in his true form. So I think that any evil which steps within a few feet of the balde is instantly wiped out and this is probably the case.

Maybe the Pedestal Amplifies the Master Sword's Sacred Energy because after Link draws it from the Pedestal, it doesn't eradicate evil that gets too close to it.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Maybe the Pedestal Amplifies the Master Sword's Sacred Energy because after Link draws it from the Pedestal, it doesn't eradicate evil that gets too close to it.

Well I think the pedestal itself represents the Master Sword before it infact has its "Master", meaning the fact that know evil can touch it is a defence mechanism, any evil that tries to draw the Master Sword is purged. When Link actually has the Master Sword he is its master so there wouldn't need to be any defence mechanism.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Those who are not worthy, cannot wield it. Even those who are not evil cannot budge the sword when it's in its pedestal. We see that in LttP, before you get all the pendants. So evil beings don't stand a chance near the thing.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
If it was really powerful, then I assume that it would be like someone other than Thor attempting to pick up Mjollnir.

If it was a normal baddy, like a Darknut, it would probably harm it to some degree.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
They wouldn't be dumb enough to try, but if they were, they would probably just touch it and get burned or something. Not like get vaporized or anything, since things HAVE gotten close to it.

Then again, how many enemies leave corpses...? Now that's something to ponder.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
We should all care to remember that Ghirahim could steal your sword in SS and throw it back at you. I suppose the sword simply hadn't gained its full form and strength at that point.

As for killing anything within a certain radius, that not logical. You have to hit enemies with the sword in every incarnation. I have my own theories regarding what happened in TP: Perhaps Fi woke up due to the return of her master (that whole game builds you as a reincarnation) and used her power to assist you. It would make sense if she would help you in a future life. That's what she wanted.

Back to topic, the best possible explanation is that it would seriously harm or kill anyone not worthy to wield it. I imagine it would burst with the blue energy from OoT and blast the thief back. The sword must have an internal power they is unleashed when someone wields it. Evil people will be attacked by the energy, and Link will be given control. I wonder Fi is inside the sword. (Is she activated and made conscience by a grip on the hilt? Does she judge each wielder. Does the sword have power while she is separated?) The strength of the thief might affect how much damage they took, but not even Ganondorf could wield it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've always assumed they'd get zapped, or something. We know the blade part is what banishes evil, as it's what can actually deal damage, but the hilt surely couldn't do that. My guess is we've never been told because it's never been plot-relevant.

We should all care to remember that Ghirahim could steal your sword in SS and throw it back at you. I suppose the sword simply hadn't gained its full form and strength at that point.

I assume you're referring to the Lightning Round. If that's the case, it's just a gameplay thing. The battle is designed for Ghirahim to be able to take your sword, so having the Master Sword isn't going to change that.

If that's not what you're talking about, but rather the Goddess Sword... then, yes, it didn't have the power to banish evil. It wasn't the Blade of Evil's Bane yet.

Then again, how many enemies leave corpses...? Now that's something to ponder.

That's not exclusive to the Master Sword. It's just part of the game design.

Well, for the Lightning Round, remember that isn't the REAL Ghirahim, just a projection of Lanayru, who is good.

I always assumed the Master Sword was like Jack's sword in Samurai Jack. It was made for good so it can only be used to destroy evil, in the hands of someone who is evil or for evil purposes the sword is useless. (In one such episode Aku used the sword against Jack but when he finally had Jack locked and ready to be stabbed, the sword simply would not penetrate his skin because of this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom