• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will the ESRB Rating Be for Skyward Sword?

I'm thinking E10+ because the "action/fighting" parts of Skyward Sword look like the fighting in Wind Waker, even though Link is older, and has Motion Plus. Maybe Link being older in this game (Miyamoto says this is the oldest Link so far) will cause this game to get a T-rating.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
It'll probably get either a T or an E10+, but I don't know for sure. Considering its similarities to TP, it might get a T, but the WW-ish graphics might make it E10+.

C

C_Dude1579

It will probably be 3 or 7. TP only got 12 because of the more darker, "scary" themes.

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
It will probably be 3 or 7. TP only got 12 because of the more darker, "scary" themes.
I'm assuming you're talking about PEGI ratings, since these don't exist for ESRB.

I expect to see at least E10+ if only because ESRB ratings feel like they're getting stricter and stricter. The act of killing enemies with a sword, even if it isn't particularly graphic, may earn it that rating by itself.

It could also easily end up with a T. After all, that's what Smash Brothers got.

M is just completely out there. Nintendo doesn't make M-rated games, as they try to reach broad audiences with their work.

I'm thinking E10+ because the "action/fighting" parts of Skyward Sword look like the fighting in Wind Waker, even though Link is older, and has Motion Plus. Maybe Link being older in this game (Miyamoto says this is the oldest Link so far) will cause this game to get a T-rating.
I don't think that's how that works.

If anything, Link being younger would get it a higher rating, because violence toward children is more risque. But I doubt it matters overall.

I would say E10+ mainly because its graphical style is more similar to Wind Waker, which children enjoyed, but the style of the game is more suited to Twilight Princess, so an E10+ rating would be right in between those two games.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm with a lot of people thinking that it will most likely be E 10+ for cartoon violence. I think the violence level will be brought down from TP, but there will still be a reasonable amount to give it that rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom