• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Happen when the Next-gen Will Arrive?

I've came across an interesting subject that I want to share here. Basically, what will happen next-gen? During the 7th generation of gaming, we've had reduce content while the price go up. DLCs is now common in most games. Although I've never played it, I've heard games such as Prince of Persia 2008 having it's ending removed so you can buy for it's DLC. And of course EA's introduction to the online pass where you have you pay content when there's a used game being bought. Personally, if this is the direction the 8th generation is going, I don't want anything to do with it. What are your thoughts?

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I personally think the online pass is a scam by EA. They "claim" they are loosing money from used game sales. Think about it... When someone turns in a used game, nobody is using it. When someone else takes it, it's theirs. The game was bought brand new and EA made money off of it. Re-selling just gives another person that copy. It doesn't hurt them at all.

The majority of companies still produce games with enough content so you don't feel ripped off. DLC isn't exactly a bad thing, if a developer wants to add a few costumes, maps, and other extra little things, let them. The only problem I have with DLC is if it is terribly overpriced and the developer just uses it as an excuse to release an unfinished game in favor of making more money off of DLC. (<------- *cough Capcom cough*)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Just expect more crap on your screen, More trees, stones, grass etc. Every game will have even more details.
Then there is better graphics and more control over what you are doing in that specific game. But it's hard to speak for the whole game industry..
It would've been easier if you asked what will happen to the Zelda games, CoD games or just an genre of games in the 8th gen.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
The majority of companies still produce games with enough content so you don't feel ripped off. DLC isn't exactly a bad thing, if a developer wants to add a few costumes, maps, and other extra little things, let them. The only problem I have with DLC is if it is terribly overpriced and the developer just uses it as an excuse to release an unfinished game in favor of making more money off of DLC. (<------- *cough Capcom cough*)

**cough Epic Game studios cough**
----------------------------------

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'll predict it like this: Nintendo will release the Wii U, and Sony and Microsoft will aspire to make a rip-off console with "superior" graphics to compete with the Big N. This is how it's always been, because Nintendo is the big innovator, and their competitors steal their ideas and strive to improve them with less cartoony and far less family-friendly apsects. Thus it'll always be until a new manager decides to shake things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom