• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Happen to Skyloft?

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I'm going with the popular theory and say it becomes the City in the Sky. In TP, it seemed to be ruins more than an actual city. The Oocca live there, but again, it looked more like they moved into an abandoned city. Of course, some of that has to do with the fact that it is a dungeon in the game, but I still think it's a valid point. Then there's the fact that the technology from the City in the Sky (Dominion Rod, Sky Canon, Spinner (possibly)) looks more like it was made for human use. It could very well be that the people in Skyloft left the city behind to live on land. That would also explain how the artifacts were in Hyrule during TP and could also explain the legend that Shad tells.

I believe it will probably be "integrated" with Hyrule somehow. Of course, it would be pretty interesting to see the transition from Skyloft to CITS.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Has it been confirmed what exactly Skyloft will be? A series of aerial islands, suspended in the atmosphere by an ancient and forgotten magic, perhaps? If it is indeed the City in the Sky, then it will eventually age and drop pieces to the ground (literally giving Hyrule the expression, "The Sky is falling!), but will remain those spectaular celestial ruins we beheld in TP. But I am more interested as to what Skyloft will look like, and what it's inhabitants will be. We already know Link will be human (Hylian; same thing), so there will probably also be other humans. Yet, ultimately the Oocca come to reside in the City...so either they are the Skyloftians of before, "blessed" with a "change" from the goddesses so that they might live forever to watch over the floating metropolis, or they're some sort of mystical pets who outlived their masters. Whatever the truth, they are said to have been dearest to the goddesses, even more so than the Hylians, therefore giving off a "Tower of Babel" resemblence, as the people who constructed it sought to be "closest" to God.

(In the end, a manic moon shall come down forth from the Outer Reaches and consume Skyloft...)

First I'd like to point out that Skyloft is not just a city, it's actually a whole land or continent composed of floating islands, as said by Aonuma. If The City in the Sky is really Skyloft that would mean the rest was destroyed or fell from the sky. Another thing is that the City in the Sky is completely mechanical, with propellors and everything, while Skyloft is most probably land. The most probably explanation for this is that the citizens of Skyloft built the City as some sort of escape pod or Arc to save themselves (or the Oocca) from whatever happens to Skyloft.

-This may be a spoiler-
Aonuma said the two lands (Skyloft and 'the land below') used to be one and got separated. The story in the game will explain why and how this happened, and I believe there's a big chance the two lands will become one in the end. How this happens, I don't know, whether Skyloft just falls from the sky or something magical happens to reunite them without completely destroying Skyloft and Hyrule.

Another theory is that Skyloft becomes (or already is) the Sacred Realm. This is enforced by a quote from ALttP calling the Sacred Realm 'a realm beyond sight'. What better explanation than it being hidden by the clouds? Another thing is the fact that the Skyward Sword is called the key to traveling to Skyloft, just like the Master Sword is the key to the Sacred Realm. As we all know, the SS becomes the MS. Add to this the appearance of a beam of light straight to the heavens when you pull out the MS, and this theory seems plausible.

Wow, what a story :P

hey yonatesf (nout sure if thats right) but actually, that theory makes a hell of a lot of sense. im glad someone took the time to ut a long answer on one of my threads.

No problem man, that's why it's a forum right :P
Please do note that I didn't come up with this all by myself though. I heard a lot of good theories, so I just posted the most probable ones imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom