• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Be Your Option if You Die?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've never really seen the appeal of burials and cemeteries to be honest. I mean, I understand why we have them, to honor the dead or something, but a body is simply a body, a complex bundle of cells with the sole purpose of maintaining life. Once a life ends the body will have stopped serving its purpose as a body, and at that point simply becomes dead organic matter. At that point, why continue treating it as if it's something special or sacred? Biologically that dead body is no different than say that dead mouse your cat so lovingly gave to you the other day.

That being said, I don't care much for funerals or pretty tombstones or any of that. Like many have said, I'd be very happy to donate any and all organs that have any value after my death, since those can still be used by the living. As for the rest of my body, if science doesn't want it then I don't particularly care what happens to it. So far as I'm concerned that's no longer my body after I die, it's just dead meat.

If my family wants it buried then they can go right ahead; I wouldn't ask for such a thing though, paying money to lock that organic matter into a box, disrupting the process of biological recycling, in some elaborate procession that'll just give my loved ones a chance to cry in public (a pessimistic view I know, but that is honestly how I view funerals, I apologize if anyone takes that in a bad way).

If they want it cremated, fine by me. Keeping the ashes in a pretty jar on the mantle and my descendants may remember me for a few more generations, but that's hardly a big deal. Spread the ash around into the wind, it might still have usable nutrients in it, that's probably preferable, but I suppose if I'm dead I should at least let my family have the comfort of deciding what to do with that body I left behind.

The only thing I absolutely do not want happening is the body being defiled, since that's just scary to think about. Other than that, it doesn't matter much to me.

Honestly, I don't care what happens to my body after I die. After all, I won't be using it anymore. I'll let my relatives decide that, and go with whatever comforts them the most. They're the ones who are going to suffer if they don't feel my body was properly taken care of.

I agree, I'll let my relitives decide what happens to it, im sure they'll have my best intrests at heart

i decided that when i die, i'll have the people who hold the funeral play the game over theme from the first Loz. i think it'd be good for a laugh for the people who are there and play zelda. and it would also be awesome :)

Ok First i would like zelda playing the ocarina next to me and then ganadorf comeing in and useing the master sword in my body. Nah just kiding i would just let who ever is there deside. :/

Kybyrian

I really don't care what happens to my body, as long as somebody doesn't decide to pin it up for target practice and throw knives at it or put it in a river, which will never happen. I'll likely just have my body buried when I die. I don't see myself wishing to be cremated, but I suppose it doesn't really matter to me either way. I just hope it isn't disrespected or anything. It is, after all, the only one you'll have gotten.

Having brought up my belief that it's the only you get, I would like to mention something else. I saw some other people mention it in this thread, as well. I personally don't believe in reincarnation or anything. It's my belief that once you pass away your body remains and you go to Heaven. I was raised in a religious family and I'm sticking to it. Reincarnation just isn't one of my beliefs, and I don't see myself ever accepting it. This is why I'd at least expect my body to not be disrespected. It's not like you've got freebies.

L

LWsep10

I plan to leave mine to some kind of medical group (provided it is worth anything and they want it, LOL) I know skin can help the suffering of burn victims... If it is too far gone for that, leaving it to science is another option.... Maybe they could plasticize me.. That would be cool as well. Anyway, it really doesn't matter as long as they don't put me in the ground.

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
I'll give my dad's answer, "I don't care, I'll be dead."
I will probably be an organ donor, so someone else doesn't have to die...Their families would be very grateful...
I kind of don't want to be cremated, just in case my family is as crazy as I am (so the ashes won't be spilled all over the place, if they are kept in a jar)
I also think rotting in the ground is creepy too, but I wouldn't mind either, I'd be dead XD

Majora's Cat

How about that
I don't think this question applies to me, for Majora's Cat never dies! Muhahaha! But in all serious, I would probably have my body donated to science or peacefully cremated. My ashes would probably be in a jar if the latter occurs.

A

AbbySciuto

I can literally only think of one thing, and it involves a song.

dun dun DUNNNN dun "SCIENCE!" dun dun DUNNNNNN dun

:lol:

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I already threatened my family that I would haunt them for the rest of their lives if they didn't cremate me and dropped my urn of ashes into a volcano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom