• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What were your top 3 games for the Wii U?

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I had 22 non-VC games for the Wii U and did enjoy a bunch of them. Looking through those games, my top 3 would have to be:

1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
3. Pikmin 3
Honorable Mentions: Rayman Legends, Super Mario 3D World

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I never had BotW on Wii U, as I consider it a Switch game and nothing more. I’m not going to include remakes, but if I did WWHD would be on here, as well as an honorable mention to TPHD for being the version of the game I can tolerate the most.

3.Smash 4
It was the best smash at the time hands down, it was just trumped by its switch counterpart as many other Wii U games were

2.Super Mario 3D world
Aside from WWHD this is really the only reason to go back to the Wii U at this point. It’s not the best Mario game ever or even in the top 5 really, but it’s still a fun game to play with friends every once and a while

1.Mario Kart 8
Like smash, I think every Mario kart game is better than the last (with the exception of super circuit of course). While this is easily my most played Wii U game, I’m probably never going to touch it again since I have 8 deluxe on switch.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Number 1 is obviously Breath of the Wild, no arguing there - in the end it became cross-platform, but BotW was originally the Wii U exclusive Zelda, and for that I'm grateful. I'm recording my current playthrough of it on my Wii U, even, and I think it's a bit more stable framerate-wise than my Switch version!

Number 2, is Splatoon. The game has kind of devolved into a cesspool with time and the release of Spla2 on switch, but this was the first shooter I've played in a long time that I genuinely enjoyed. I love that you can be terrible at the PvP, and just ink the ground instead, and it's a totally valid way to play.

Mr. 3 is gonna be the surprisingly stalwart Super Mario 3D World. It was a great "classic" Mario game mixing elements of the 2D overworld games of old like SM3 and NSMB (on DS) with crisp 3D platforming. It's no 64 or Galaxy, but it's a damn fine game and I had a lot of fun with the co-op.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
3. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Who doesn't love Smash? Though it is probably my least played Smash-game (other than the 3DS one, which I've barely touched at all, only good thing about it really is the Smash Run). Mainly because of the situation of my life at that point in time. All my friends were spread out over the country, studying at different places, so I didn't really have anyone to play with most of the time. Still a great game!

2. Pikmin 3
I love the Pikmin franchise and I'm still hoping for news on Pikmin 4!

1. Hyrule Warriors
Is it a great game? No. It's alright, but not great. Then why is it my number one Wii U game? Because there's what feels like an infinite number of things to do in it. It is a game I can just keep coming back to and play more and more, still doing "new" things. Most importantly, I can turn of my brain while playing it, making it extremely nice to play when stressed and I need to relax and calm down!

Quin

Disaster Master
1. BOTW. I see it more as a wii U game than a Switch one. One of the best Zelda games too.

2. Mario 3D world. Peak 3D platforming. I don't really care much for ports but this one deserves a second chance on the switch.

3. I can't decide on MK8 or Tropical freeze. Both are amazing games and one of the best of their genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom