• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Weapons Would You Want?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Have you ever thought of a weapon that would fit perfectly with Zelda? You can post it here, tell about its abilities, and describe them to your imagination's content, even in a setting of your choosing. It can be an upgraded item, in view of Skyward Sword's upgrade system, that's already in the series also. I only stipulate that it's kept within the typical regulations of Zelda games. No, a firearm would not be appropriate for this topic.

I'd love to see a poleaxe that requires Link to wield it with both hands. He could use the haft to block and then retaliate by swiping. Of course it would take away his shield, which he'd put on his back while sporting the axe.

Anybody have a tool of their own in mind?

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
This definitely opens up possibilities I've always considered. I've always humored myself with the idea of "What if Nintendo added this item in? How would this affect the entire game? Would it be important throughout the entire game?" I have racked my brain for days at a time thinking of the perfect item that could fit in the Zelda formula as the boomerang, bombs, or the bow. Its use could surpass even the hammers' (which happen to by my favorite non-sword-related item) use and ability; the scythe.

Many games have utilized this item. Once a farmer's tool, it has taken on the role as the weapon of Death himself. Many games have decided to add it to its arsenal of items. One such example is Darksiders (and its upcoming sequel). The item can perhaps substitute the sword as a weapon of primary choice, while still having to take the backseat in some cases. One major reason why the hammer has not been my first choice when an enemy comes my way is the slow start up. I would need perfect timing to make contact - too early and I miss, leaving myself vulnerable, too late and I take damage. However, the scythe - with its lightweight - would not have such an issue. By taking on speed, it may end up sacrificing damage. This may be enough reason to use it for smaller enemies, but let the Master Sword go to work against bosses.

Now, what exactly would make this tool different from its usual form? Darkness. The Gale Boomerang utilized the power of the wind, the arrows of Wind Waker utilized fire, ice, and light. This weapon would cause damage, and shroud Link in darkness - hiding Link from the enemies. When would such an event really be useful? Well, there are multiple occasions for this. In the event of Link having low health, he could create this dark fog and make a clean escape. In the event of having to hit a specific area of an enemy to do damage to its weak spot - an Armos for example - the shroud would leave them confused as to Link's location while he pinpoints the area that would cause damage to the enemy. This would make it an invaluable tool in evasive maneuvers and end longer fights much faster.

Like all items, it must be obtained in some way. Alongside this hypothetical item, a dungeon would also be constructed. To compliment the actual use of the Scythe, there would have to be a problem for the scythe to be useful. Such an event would be Link being without a sword. This such an event would open up a possibility for a dungeon in the Silent Realm. In order to make a quick escape, Link would need the use of the Scythe in hopes of escaping certain death.

Now, all of this is all I want to happen, but I doubt it ever will.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Welllll.....I'd like to see a sort of double sword wielding option...That's not really an item though. =/

K, letsee...How bout throwing knives? Use them as weapons or for things where you have to hit the target when it pops up. Or hitting the targets in a certain order or something. I don't know, I'm just sorta coming up with this as I go along.
picturezeldadagger.jpg

Hey, want me to make a picture for your item idea too? I'd really like to. I think it'd be fun! :)

Attachments

• picturezeldadagger.jpg
    picturezeldadagger.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I always thought a mace or club should be an item that Link acquires. It could be similar to the hammers that have appeared in ALttP, OoT, and WW, or the Ball and Chain from TP.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well yeah, the ability of Link using two swords was the first thing that came to my mind too, this would open up a whole lot of new gameplay possibilities with Wii Motion Plus (I can imagine having to use 2 wiimotes as 2 swords and a nunchuck for the shield - you'd then have to choose wisely between 2 swords and 1 sword + shield, depending on the situation).
I could also imagine the use of throwing weapons like shurikens, this could also be used well with WMP (you'd have to "swing out" the Wiimote in order to throw a shuriken)
And since we have advanced very far technologically with the conveyor belts in SS (the first useful industrial application was by Henry Ford in the 1910s) - an advancement which I'm not very happy with - then by logical consequence Link should be able to use machine guns (introduced in the 1860s - therefore long before the conveyor belt!). It would have to be a limited use of course, only in one area or so. Maybe this could pull over those many FPS fans into the Zelda series!

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Oops.. read the thread wrong.

I guess if I wanted something for Link to use, maybe a double bladed sword. Or... the ability to use random objects or other found items as weapons. Like, he's running through a dungeon, grabs an axe from a suit of armor and proceeds to attack a Darknut.

Last edited:

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
I always thought a double bladed sword would be cool. Like a blade on one side, then the handle, and a blade on the other side. When you kill an enemy Link could like do a cool trick with it or somthing. I don't just think it would be cool.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Ok, I'll make pictures of any weapons that people ask me to make. As soon as I've got them up I'll PM you. I'm already making a double sword, although it's not at your request, but I'll still put it up for you. Sound good? :)

Last edited:

triq267

Just a relatable ghost trying to spook it up
I would love something akin to Roc's Cape from TMC, but in a 3D game. It could be used to cross canyons and gaps with ease. Not too original, I know, but I've always wanted TMC items in 3D, and this is one of the only ones that hasn't been done yet. coughcough*mole/mogma mitts*coughcough

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
K, here's the double-bladed sword you ordered! :)
zeldadoublesword.jpg

And here's your Scythe Ganondork! I don't think it turned out so well though. =/
zeldascythe.jpg

Here, SavageWizzrobe, is your flail/mace. The chain is disconnected from the ball, but other than that, it's fine. :)
zeldaflail.jpg

Last edited:
Nice thread. I would definitely bring back the option of a two-handed sword. It would be more interesting than just having a weaker sword and a stronger sword. Like Biggoron's Sword, it would have the advantage of more damage, but with the inability to use a shield. Also, I'd like to see swords in Link's arsenal that have a specific purpose. For example, a cleaver-like sword that does increased damage with slashes, but less damage with thrusts. Inversely, a rapier-like sword that does less damage with slashing, but more damage with thrusts. They could also effect how they work against certain types of armor worn by enemies, as well.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Thanks for making the double bladed sword, It looks awsome.
Thanks, it's my second favorite of all the weapons I made. My throwing knife being my favorite. :)

Ok, well I'll be working on Thareous's Poleaxe, blubb's machine gun (which I'm gonna try to make look more fantasy-like), and Post-organic's Cleaver and Rapier. They'll be done...at some point :dry:. Tell you're friends about this. The more the better, I'm finding this very enjoyable. Tell them to come to this Thread and tell their idea and I'll try to make it. :)

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Well for me I have had the idea of a Wand. It's a crazy idea but let me explain a bit about it first. The wand could use a number of spells that could be learned kind of like learning ocarina songs. Then you can use magic skills on your enemies. This would open up new ways to kill faster and new puzzles. Maybe even it could shoot the elements kind of like with the bow

I have also thought of giving Link a bunch of swords for different situations. I don't mean just three different swords that give different damage I mean themes swords. Like a poison sword that would hurt the foe over time. A Ice sword that would allow you to freeze your foe and then slash away. Or even a fire sword which might even be in Skyward Sword that could set you foe on fire! And the list goes on and on.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Well for me I have had the idea of a Wand. It's a crazy idea but let me explain a bit about it first. The wand could use a number of spells that could be learned kind of like learning ocarina songs. Then you can use magic skills on your enemies. This would open up new ways to kill faster and new puzzles. Maybe even it could shoot the elements kind of like with the bow

I have also thought of giving Link a bunch of swords for different situations. I don't mean just three different swords that give different damage I mean themes swords. Like a poison sword that would hurt the foe over time. A Ice sword that would allow you to freeze your foe and then slash away. Or even a fire sword which might even be in Skyward Sword that could set you foe on fire! And the list goes on and on.
Wow, wasn't expecting that much from one guy! The wand shouldn't be TOO hard though...This should be fun!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom