• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm convinced that the desert and mechanical dungeon are the same. There may, however, be more than one desert/mechanical dungeon, as there may be more than one forest dungeon (one being underwater). We just haven't seen enough to distinguish the latter two yet.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Though I encourage speculation and conversation, you cannot go by "I saw one time Link swimming, must be a water dungeon."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2_sGWBlnlQ

Go to 1:03, the structure and environment is not the flooded forest area, it's a new building that will probably be a water dungeon. There are water NPC's as well, since each race may have a corresponding temple.

As for the four armed dungeon, that's like one room, how do you know it's not a part of an already existing dungeon?

No, we've seen two similar rooms- rooms with a four-armed stalfos and a four-armed golden statue. Both have similar designs, and both enemies in each room and coincidentally four-armed. So I think that's a new dungeon, it doesn't share any architectural similarities with the other dungeons.

All we ca say is that there is a Sky, Earth, the one in the dessert and that technological dungeon.

The desert temple is the technological dungeon.

If you think about the races that were shown, work off of that. Sky = penguiny things. Earth = Mogmas, Dessert = (Goron)?, Technology = Little robot dudes.

So water things= water temple? And what about the shiekah temple?

I think the Sheikah-door could be the entrance to the Sky Temple or something...
I don't know why, but I don't think it's a new temple.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I think the Sheikah-door could be the entrance to the Sky Temple or something...
I don't know why, but I don't think it's a new temple.

...how? The entrance to the sky temple is a large flowery door surrounded by roman looking architecture.

...how? The entrance to the sky temple is a large flowery door surrounded by roman looking architecture.

Do we know for sure? All we've seen is Link opening the door, not what's behind.

EDIT: you're probably right, since the Sky Temple is in the forest area, and the door has the same markings seen in the Temple, but I'm still having doubts...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Do we know for sure? All we've seen is Link opening the door, not what's behind.

EDIT: you're probably right, since the Sky Temple is in the forest area, and the door has the same markings seen in the Temple, but I'm still having doubts...

zelda_skyward_sword_siren_06.jpg

That building is the entire Sky Temple, definitely doesn't have similar architecture to that shiekah area.

You're completely right, but I still don't think it's a new dungeon, I actually don't think it leads to a dungeon at all.
Going off of the order of the Opening Trailer (which I know is not a legit way of judging and analysing anything, but bear with me) I think the "door" is something you encounter in the very beginning of the Forest Temple, even before the general Forest Area (the demo-area). Again, the trailer seems to imply that the giant "hole" spiraling downward is the first place you see on the surface, and the Sheikah door could very well be at the bottom.
But I'm just guessing here.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I think it's a completely different area from the forest, it looks more saturated and mysterous. Not to mention the temple like architecture there with the crest symbols.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I'm convinced that the desert and mechanical dungeon are the same. There may, however, be more than one desert/mechanical dungeon, as there may be more than one forest dungeon (one being underwater). We just haven't seen enough to distinguish the latter two yet.

Though I accept that those two could be the same, I'm just saying that we KNOW that there is a dungeon in the desert, and one that looks mechanical/technological.

We know there is one that sports a four-armed motif too.

But these could all be the same dungeon.

All we really can CONFIRM is that there is the Sky Temple, Earth Temple, and hints of others, but they are by no means confirmed as distinct dungeons.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
There is smthing I noticed while watching the demo. the hilt along with the wings of the sword are flashing/emitting light . could that be when the sword is charged for a sword beam? Ariel can u confrim or info about that? thank you in advance :)

T

TheUglyCasanova

The only thing I REALLY want to know is if the game will be on a dual layer DVD or not.

Seeing as how my Wii no longer reads them at all, I really wish there was a way to find this out so I will know if I need to buy a lens cleaner before this comes out or not and pray that it works.

Will be one angry person if they need to put it on a dual layer DVD.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
There is smthing I noticed while watching the demo. the hilt along with the wings of the sword are flashing/emitting light . could that be when the sword is charged for a sword beam? Ariel can u confrim or info about that? thank you in advance :)

When that happens, Fi wants to talk to you.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Left handed confirmed, congrats to all you lefties and your plight to find accommodation of your crippling condition in this increasingly hostile world.

A little dramatic, but yeah.

H

Hyilan777

Thats actually a boss later in the game but im not positive what is exactly

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but with the nature of SS's increased difficulty the starting capacity of "energy" is six hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom