• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Con-man

Master Swordsman
No, it was stated in last year's E3 that you can roll while sprinting by flicking the Wiimote. It was even demonstrated. :)

There's some footage of rolling, but I'm kinda too lazy to look it up. XD

Yay! thank you for clarifying, I'm glad we'll have both. This game is gonna be just perfect isn't it?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Okay, just watched more footage on G4, heres some additional points I can add:

- The first dungeon of the game is the SKY TEMPLE, and this dungeon is what will be playable on the show floor.
- EVERY track in SS is orchestrated. DIRECT confirmation.

I think Ariel's got everything else mostly covered so far.

::EDIT:: Confirmed that SS is absolutely NOT coming out for Wii u.

Last edited:

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I'm guessing that will be the dungeon we saw in the GDC trailer.

There was footage of gameplay in the dungeon. Screenshot for you:

picture6qc.png

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Oooooooooooooh. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. That's awesome.

Want to see more? ^^ (Skip to 1:47 and feast your eyes....)

[video=youtube;N3iqeqdoR6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iqeqdoR6I&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I must say, it looks like a pretty intense dungeon for a what's only the FIRST dungeon. Did you HEAR that music when Link first walked in?? :P Sounds totally intense.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Okay Okay, this sounds very interesting. I at first took the Quote : "the Whole game will be like a dungeon" as being kind of stuffy. It'd feel kind of stuffy if we're constantly going through dungeons to get to the next....well...dungeon. I hope this means that the game will be more difficult. Now I take that quote as if I was playing the original Legend of Zelda where you could get killed ANYWHERE in the game...Even in the overworld there were very dangerous enemies that could take many hearts from you and now i'm assuming this will be the same.

Hmmm the chaos below sounds like the barren lands of Hyrule from the original game, where there we're no towns, Only SOME NPC relief spots, just constant battles. And I predict in Skyward Sword that we'll be able to roam and explore but we'd have to keep our guard up as who knows what will be out to kill us! I'm more curious than ever about this game and I'm really looking forward to playing it for the first time.

*sigh* sadly..... *even bigger sigh* we won't be seeing it until the Holiday Season sometime in November-December....and that's great....Right around exam time for me LOL

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
So the release date gamestop gave me a few months ago is true.... We're looking at November 2nd.

I am personally excited about the small amounts of backtracking, that basically confirms less linearity!

And I'm very excited about the useless rupee chests everywhere replaced by pieces of weapon upgrades, that basically means extra exploration is actually worth something!

And I'm excited that there will be dungeon-esque content throughout the overworld, which basically confirms no empty overworld like Twilight Princess!

And the flight mechanic, man this game is probably going to blow past titles out of the water! I'm officially excited for this game now.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Okay, just watched more footage on G4, heres some additional points I can add:

- The first dungeon of the game is the SKY TEMPLE, and this dungeon is what will be playable on the show floor.
- EVERY track in SS is orchestrated. DIRECT confirmation.

I think Ariel's got everything else mostly covered so far.

::EDIT:: Confirmed that SS is absolutely NOT coming out for Wii u.

Did they state that the Sky Temple, the one demoed, is the first dungeon? I must have missed that.

Yeah, I don't know if this is technically the first "dungeon", because isn't there that place they were playing at E3 last year first to show the basics. It could be the first temple but I don't know if that was actually confirmed by the people in the GT footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom