• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Water Based Dungeon Is Hardest?

Hi Everyone, This Post MIGHT Have Been Said Before But Ive Never Seen It.

So what do you all think is the HARDEST MOST DIFFICULT Water Based
Dungeon /Temple

Out Of : Water Dungeon : A Link to the Past, Water Temple : Ocarina of Time,

Great Bay Temple : Majora's Mask, Jabu Jabu Oracle Of Ages : Lakebed Temple

: Twilight Princess.

so pick and order them like this

5: Water Dungeon
4: Water Temple
3: Lakebed Temple
2: Jabu-Jabu
1: Great Bay Temple

KEEP IN MIND! that i have not played Majora's Mask since it came out and i beat it (i was 5 - 6) so i dont know if GBT(great bay temple) is really THAT hard but ALL my family had to help me soo... ya

Soo anyway POST UR OPINION... and remember NO ONE is WRONG its YOUR Opinion :wave:

Zarom

The King
Here is mine:

1. Great Bay Temple
2. Water Temple
3. Lakebed Temple

...I've never played ALP or OOA, so I don't know about their dungeons...

I KNEW IT :P great bay temple is EVIL!!!!! ... I Would HIGHLY Recommend BOTH games u havn't played. Either an emulator or find them they ARE GREAT! lol

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Yeah, I've posted the exact same thread you've posted prior to the incident that took place, but I don't mind. Anyways the Great Bay Temple is the hardest because you have to deal with a water current and have a limited amount of time. I absolutely hated when you would have to remember which of those things you needed to turn, I felt it was very frustrating. The boss of the dungeon isn't much better though.

M

madslayer333

/THE WATER TEMPLE IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS I LEFT THE GAME FOR THE WHOLE SUMMER BECAUSE I WAS STUCK. THEN MY DATA GOT CORRUPTED SO I PLAYED THE GAME OVER AGAIN AND GOT THROUGH THE TEMPLE. (I still don't know how I did it.)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Hardest water based dingeons for me are

3. (easiest) Tp water temple. Seriously i dunno why people find this one hard. It's pretty much symetical and if you know one side of it you know the other and the hardest part was the maze which really wasn't that hard.

2. MM gbt. Okay this is one messed up temple what with you needing to go through a ton of rooms and change the water flow everywhere. Seriously so messed up.

1. Oot Water Temple. the hardest of them all. The oot water temple was so hard what with having to raise annd lower the water so many times. Ugh... and then it was annoying cuz if you change the water level at the wrong time then you have to go through everything to get the water back to that level again.

:P

Ok so i played through the water temples again and...

my list is

5: Water Dungeon
4: Water Temple
3: Jabu Jabu's Belly
2: Lakebed Temple
1: Duh... Great Bay Temple :P :D :(

Also ... Bump

C

Cobalt

5. Jabu Jabu's Belly
4. Water Dungeon
3. Lakebed Temple
2. Great Bay Temple
1. Water Temple.

I see a lot of people graded Great Bay as being the hardest, but I was nowhere near as frustrated with that one as I was OoT's Water Temple.

P

Paramorefreak

I think my order would look something like this:

1. Water Temple
2. Lakebed Temple
3. Great Bay Temple

I just played OoT actually and the Water Temple gave me so much trouble. I had to get help since it had been so long that I've beaten that temple.

Shnappy

derp
I remember the old one of this thread... Anyway
Oh, by the way, haven't gotten as far as Jabu-Jabu's belly in OoA, so leaving that one out.

4. Water Gate Dungeon A.K.A. Swamp Palace (Is that what you meant by Water Dungeon?)
-I felt that most of the dungeons in ALttP were pretty "average" in how difficult they were, and that they were mostly about the same if difficulty, excluding a few like Ganon's Tower. Most of this dungeon contains a pretty much similar concept and similar puzzles. The most of it contains filling and emptying random dried out pools, and progressively getting closer to the end of the dungeon by doing so. As for the boss, Arrghus, he was nothing special either. He was actually one of my favorite bosses to fight. There's nothing too difficult in pulling off the mini little "Arrgi", and then succeeding to slashing him while he speeds across the floor. Overall average dungeon, nothing that will make anyone too frustrated.

3. Lakebed Temple
-Now for the other three Water Dungeons, the ones that I actually considered to be pretty difficult. The content of this dungeon, I.E. the enemies, wasn't very difficult itself. But going through this dungeon for the first time I was constantly re-entering rooms, confused at what to do. There is so much of pulling switches, pushing switches, and other random puzzles that fit together in a rather confusing way. The whole thing with the staircase in the middle wasn't so obvious either. I found myself changing it around multiple times in attempt to progress, but again finding myself stuck and dumbfounded by the dungeon's complexity. Heck, I know a friend who has been stuck in this dungeon for 3 years, and he's still there. The boss and mini-boss actually were pretty easy, if I remember right. Deku Toad, the mini-boss, was pretty straightforward, and it's easy to avoid getting hit while you destroy his little toad minions, stunning him, and avoiding his body slam. Morpheel was more of the same, as that fight consisted of the normal pattern of TP bosses. First, stun him, which in this case, is using the clawshot to pull his eye out of the tentacles and slashing it, and his second phase was similar, as you use the clawshot to get to his eye and then slash it. Overall, confusing dungeon, but the enemies cause little threat and after a while I managed to get through it.

2. Water Temple
-Oh yes, the infamous Water Temple. Many believe it to be the hardest Zelda Dungeon (lolrefrence) out of all of the games. I don't think so, but it is still up there, and is very difficult. Like the Lakebed temple, this was one of the most confusing things I've played in a Zelda game. There is so much taking the Iron Boots on, and off, and on, and off, and it seems like I do it at least 100 times in the whole Dungeon. All the different water puzzles are very confusing, like the flooding, pillars, waterfalls, statues, illusions, caverns, boulders, and everything else that appears in various rooms of the dungeon. I remember taking about a week on this one, at age 8 or 9, in my first playthrough. I remember being so excited when I finally found the Boss Key. I had finally gotten through most of the dungeon, and was so happy I called my oldest brother, who I believe was in Utah or something, and told him about it. I don't think he cared much, but I probably felt a bit too proud of it. Of course, I finally got up to the boss room and finished the dungeon. Now, the boss and mini-boss. Dark Link was just a classic. One of the most enjoyable mini-bosses in the game, and I actually thought he was kinda/sorta moderately difficult. I don't think I ever died on him, but it was a fun and difficult fight where you had to use tactics you don't usually use while fighting an enemy in Zelda. As for Morpha, I always hear that people have a lot of trouble with him. However, this wasn't the case for me. I thought Morpha was pretty much a breeze, and a rather straightforward fight. It wasn't like super easy or anything, but it was nothing too special, in my opinion, and I found it to be not that hard at all.

1. Great Bay Temple
-Oh snap. In my opinion, the hardest dungeon out of any Zelda Game. It's one of the reasons Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda. I love challenges, and geez was this quite a challenge. I spend probably about a month on it when I was 9 or 10, playing through this game the first time. There was so much machinery, there was so much of the random water current puzzles, and it pretty much just blew me away. I remember that central room, the circular one with the different currents leading to the different areas of the dungeon, being a pretty confusing thing. I remember doing different things to differ the current, and it made my brain hurt, to make a long story short. There were a lot of annoying enemies that were always getting in your way when you were attempting to figure out these mind-blowing puzzles. And unlike the other Water Dungeons throughout the games, this one had some pretty difficult mini-bosses and a very frustrating boss. The first mini-boss, Wart, was probably the most difficult mini-boss in the game. On my first playthrough, I died so many times on him. Probably like 5-10 (embarrasment haha). I don't know why he was so difficult. It was pretty agonizing to be taking off those bubbles one by one, and then once he snapped and jolted across the room, I was constantly getting hit. Then there was Gekko, the second encounter with him. I only think I was defeated once on him, but he was pretty difficult compared to his first form. When you got trapped in those bubbles, man, he would beat the crap out of you, and you'd see those hearts depleting reeeaaaaal fast. Luckily, they weren't too difficult to avoid, and he was overall not that hard to defeat. But the boss, Gyorg, man, he was something else. Easily the most difficult boss in the game, in my opinion. And better yet, every time you die against him, you go back to the beginning of the dungeon and have to travel all the way to him again. And if you were running out of time, you'd have to go back, thus having to redo the WHOLE dungeon. So, as you probably know, Gyorg was a giant fish jumping over a big platform at the middle of the room. Stunning him wasn't a big deal. But once he was stunned, it was time to go in to the danger zone. You'd have to go in the water as Zora Link, and slash away at him. The problem is, it's hard to get the timing right when traveling back to the platform, so he can end up dealing some massive damage. And those fish he released later? They slow you down, and deal even more crazy damage! I remember fighting Gyorg over, and over, and over again until I finally beat him, and finished what I believe to be the most difficult dungeon in all of Zelda, what a relief.

Overall, Water Dungeons are definitely what people make them out to be. They are very difficult, and I hear stories of many Zelda fans quitting the games or going on hiatus, because these dungeons are so frustrating. Though it seems that people exaggerate them a little too much, though, because they do crazy things like quit the game. I never found them to be too hair-tearingly frustrating, rather, I liked the challenge. It'd be pretty crazy to quit a Zelda Game because of that. Either way, these are some of my favorite dungeons throughout Zelda Games, and they are very fun challenges and usually make me think harder than I need to in school.

WOW... Nice... i would give u an A if this were sumthing in school :P Shnappy... I Printed this and read it lotz its very nice and informative :) ... Very NICE... I Love it Thanks for the amazing post :)

bump :P

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
For me, it's the Great Bay Temple.

It's even harder than the Water Temple. The Water Temple is boring, but not hard. If I try really hard, I can beat it in about...45 minutes. Very long 45 minutes.

Great Bay Temple is boring AND hard. No matter how many times I try it, I always get stuck at some point:dry:.

Lakebed Temple is good. Fun Even. It's the only Water based Temple that I like.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
For me, it's the Great Bay Temple.

It's even harder than the Water Temple. The Water Temple is boring, but not hard. If I try really hard, I can beat it in about...45 minutes. Very long 45 minutes.

Great Bay Temple is boring AND hard. No matter how many times I try it, I always get stuck at some point:dry:.

Lakebed Temple is good. Fun Even. It's the only Water based Temple that I like.

Yah, I hate the Great Bay temple and Water temple they are just to hard, but the Lake bed temple was easy and fun and the mid boss was cool!

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
So far I have only done Water Temple and Lakebed Temple but I am nearly upto the Great Bay part of Majora's Mask but from those that I have played, Water Temple was the easiest and the Lakebed Temple is harder but still moderately easy.

But I am looking forward to the Great Bay Temple! I have seen some youtube videos on it and it looked hard with the classic multiple rooms. :P

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I remember seeing this thread before the Hacks occured, but anyway...
The Hardest water based temple for me would have to be the Great Bay.
Thi Temple constantly challenged you with the tedious curret puzzles and constant array of enemies always getting in your way when you were doing something important.

In my opinion, Nintendo has purposely made most of the Water dungeons difficult in an attempt to challenge(And annoy!) the players.
The Water dungeons are a constant wake up call for players who are finding the games too easy.

I enjoy the challenges posed by these dungeons, even if they do make me want to rip the controller in half! I hope Nintendo continues using the water themed dungeons in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom