• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Very First Video Game?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
My first game was either Super Mario 64 or Yoshi's Island. I can't really remember which one, honestly...

I still remember how obsessed I was with Super Mario 64, though. The thought of exploring those 3D worlds really sent a chill down my 5-year-old spine. I no longer feel like that when playing any of my childhood games, though.

I guess the older you get, the harder you find it to experience the simple joys in life (at least in my case). It's a unusual thing for me to say that, as I'm not really old.

Wow, way to go off-topic right into pointless random existential blabber, and I thought I couldn't get weirder than I already was...

Squirrel

The Rodent King
For me it was Super Mario Land for Gameboy (although I played it on a GBA). I loved that game but I lost it somewhere in the abyss known as my house. Then I played two other games for the gameboy: Fortress of Fear and Super Mario Land 2. I still have those and they're awesome games.

Um, I'm not completely sure but I know it was a game on the NES.
I believe it was either The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 1, Metal Gear, or Ninja Gaiden.

I feel I would of played Ninja Gaiden first because of the awesome artwork it had on the cartridge, but I'm not sure.
Oh, and FYI, I finally beat Ninja Gaiden. Not when I was a kid, but last year. I remember that I didn't beat it, so I hooked up my NES and it was a lot easier then I remembered it to be. It was still hard, but remember, the first time I played it, I was really little.

MW7

I think it would have to be either Tetris, SMB, SMB 3, or Duck Hunt on the NES. Oddly the only vivid memories of my early gaming life were watching my sister finish SMB 3 and the dog in Duck Hunt laughing at me as I always failed to get all the ducks.

M

masterswordlink

zelda ocarina of time was my first game when i was only 4

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
My first video game was probably Super Mario Bros. when my sister got it with her NES for Christmas back in 1989. Now, seeing as how I was 1.5 years old at the time, I probably didn't play it then.
If it wasn't that game it was Super Mario Bros. 3, which my sister got not longer after. By this point I was old enough to at least know how to turn on the system. haha

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I played Pac-Man but not in the 80s! My dad had a floppy disc of old games for his computer so back in 1999 when I was 2 I would sit and play Pac-Man with my dad. The cutscene where Blinky's tail comes off always scared the crap outta me!

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants on the NES.

I gave up on it after a few tries, at that point in time video games weren't really an interest of mine.

Kazumi

chagy
The first game that I ever played was the original Quake on my Windows '98 PC. I guess there is a reason why I'm a PC gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom