• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Very First Video Game?

O

OrlovYan

My first was sonic 2, one of the best if not the second best(sonic 3&k takes first place)I ever played.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
That would be Pokémon Snap. Oddly enough, even as I mastered the perfect shots for each Pokémon when I was five, the rest of my life I've been hopelessly inept at first-person shooters. Snap was a really deep game, actually- if you knew what to do, you could find tons of Easter eggs in each level. I just wish it had been a little longer. Later I got Pokémon Stadium, and Silver Version when I was 7, and I think my first non-Pokémon game was Donkey Kong 64, which I almost never played. The first non-pokémon game I actually liked was Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Good times.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, the first actual game I played was some DOS based baby game (Yep, even when I was a small child, I have been a computer nerd. :P). The first actual video game I played was Pokemon Yellow. Then, my first 3D game was Pokemon Stadium. After that, my first actual PC game was RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. Yep, even when I was a young child, I knew a bit about physics and tycooning...even if I could only beat the first few levels, and at least 10 people died every time I tried to do a scenario.

Pokemon Yellow...I loved that game, and still do. However, to this day, I still have not beaten it. I'm only up to the Elite Four. Before then, I was stuck in Mt. Moon, and when I got it, online guides weren't that common...or accessible to 5-year-olds. I dominated my friends in Pokemon Stadium, and even when I was about 6 or 7, I knew a bit about type advantages, but still believed in the "coolness factor" adjusting types. It is funny watching back in the past me struggling even though now I can beat these games without that much effort, yet still requiring a bit of perseverance.

For the record, the first game I beat was Yoshi's Island for the GBA. I spent weeks on the Bowser battle. :P

Since I've got the brain of a mentally deficit chicken, I can't remember it that well. But I do remember the first three games I ever played out of order.
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Stadium
Super Mario 64

Kazumi

chagy
The very first game that I ever played was the original Quake back on our Windows 98' machine. My dad and I would play it a lot. And I even remember the first time I tried playing it by myself and was very confused by the controls.

Quake was a great game...

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I don't know, don't recall that good....*Thinks hard*

I think it was a King of Fighters Arcade game. If I am correct, and I know I am close, that is when I fell in love with fighting games.

octorok74

TETTAC
The very first video game I played was Pitfall. I have absolutely no idea where I played, but I think it was at my Grandma's house. I hate the crocodiles and moles.

M

maribell7

It was Mario. I'll never forget these emotions when I was going to the next level. Such an amazing feeling! :)

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I truly don't remember. I know my mom had the Sega Genesis and the NES when I was born. So, when I was about 2 or 3 I probably tried playing one of them. I think I first tried either Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Sonic the Hedgehog 3 first. That's what I think...if not, maybe it was the Bugs Bunny game for the NES.. >_>;

L

Link's Shadow

Pokemon Sapphire. As for the first Zelda game, it was Twilight Princess.

Zarom

The King
The first videogame I've ever played was Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES, or maybe it was Super Mario World... The SNES was the first console I ever had, and I remember my parents used to play with us. Anyway, I was approximately 2 or 3 years old, I can't remember exactly. As for my first Zelda game, it was OOT, when I got a N64. So yes, I started playing videogames at a very young age. :)

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
As far as I can remember, it was Zelda, Ocarina of Time. Thats probably why the zelda series has my heart.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Oh gosh, this will take a lot of thinking...
I'm going to go with Super Mario World on the SNES back when I was around five. It's the first that comes to mind.
My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time, when I used my poor brothers as instruction guides. X>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom