• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Opinion of Dowsing?

K

Kaori Locke

Pretty much yes on what Axle quoted haha.
I'd also like to add that I did like it - didn't feel like it made things easy because you have to find your way around things that are... in your way.
When I saw previews that.. I think Zelda Dungeon posted? Like of Eldin Volcano, when you had to find the pieces for the keys and such - I think that was really cool and I thought that was going to be a theme with the keys in the game, and I'm somewhat.. not disappointed, but I wouldn't have minded it being used for the others, but in the situation for Eldin it fit perfectly and I can see why they only did that once. I was just looking forward to that and didn't know it was only for Eldin.

Dowsind has its cool moments but for me it wasn't that useful during my playtrough just because i kind knew were I was going and sometimes it was obvious where I needed to go.

It made the game way to easy in my opinion. It was also kinda annoying that you HAD to open the dowsing after you got a new dowsing target to get rid of the beeping sound.

Yeah, it did make the game too easy, and i personally think it was overused a little too much in the main story too

EzikielofHyrule

Ezikiel of Hyrule
Dowsing was a good addition to the game but it was used entirely too often. I liked the whole you could use it to find hearts thing but using to find absolutely every key item was annoying, especially since it prompted you to dowse every time you could. Also it would have been better if it just pointed you in a general direction instead of giving you the exact location. This would make it useful but not an all together guide. I would have liked to see this done with more fetch quests too.

since zelda is made mainly directed at younger generations, i suppose it would make sense to have a hint in dousing, but that might make the gamer think that they absolutely always use dowsing so it wudnt give them a chance to explore enough

G

gdevil4

I found dowsing to get boring and a bit tedious later in the game but I would still use it to get a general direction

I never really liked dowsing, so I refused to use it. Also that beeping noise that would go off everytime Fi wanted you to dowse got annoying fast. :P

I dont know, i liked it, i think it gave the game a treasure hunting style, i dont think it made the game too easy, because, for the kikwis for example, why would you cut the whole grass to find a hiding one, or jump in a almost hided hole, i personally liked it.

My opinion of dowsing is simple: it was very effective. It was a great asset later in the game finding collectibles and Goddess Cubes. I also liked how it pointed me in the general direction of the object for which I was searching, while still allowing me have to actually "work" to find it (such cases varied). I wouldn't have liked if dowsing sorta...you know...did everything for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom