• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What was your most recent purchase?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I purchased an Apple TV and a second HomePod (to create a stereo pair) - and so far I am loving the set up. I also purchased some AirPods Max - for these I'll take a few more days to decide if I want to keep these or take them back since they are incredibly expensive and the Apple Store has a two week return policy for change of mind even after products are used.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I purchased an anniversary edition paperback of Sam & Max: Surfin' the Highway, that and I purchased and downloaded Spirit of The North for my Switch Lite.

my last recent purchase is an rca to hdmi converter adapter thingy to hook up my old consoles and VCR/DVD combo to my Vizio tv

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Two Iron Maiden shirts and one Trivium shirt, as well as a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Label blended scotch suggested by my wife. I won't say no to her suggestions, especially when whisky's involved! :D

The shirts were $50 each, and I know why because both Trivium and Iron Maiden make the majority of their income off of their merchandise, so that I don't mind.

But I am curious about Johnnie Walker Gold. My experience with Johnnie Walker as a brand was their fantastic Green Label blend, their just as awesome Black Label blend, and their absolutely dismal excuse for a blend, the Red Label.

So two winners out of three isn't a bad track record, and from what I can remember about their blends, Johnnie Walker is what I call an easy sipper. It goes down easy, which, since my wife chose this, I'm curious to see her reaction to it. I hope I can add Gold Label to the list of Johnnie Walkers that I can recommend in good faith.

EDIT: I can add Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve to the list of Johnnie Walkers I can recommend in good faith. Nice, sweet, and friendly, with a dash of smoke for interest and is a creamy, smooth experience.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I purchased some flight tickets to Japan for February, Sydney -> Tokyo, Tokyo -> Sapporo, Sapporo -> Osaka, and then Tokyo -> Sydney (connecting between Osaka and Tokyo via bullet train). I'll be spending a month there and am so excited to be planning a trip again. Heaps of attractions have opened during the pandemic that I am excited to visit like the Super Nintendo World section at Universal Studios, the Studio Ghibli theme park, and Tokyo Art Museum Aquarium amongst others.

I've also been invited out by some friends to a halloween event in Tokyo at the end of this month and am strongly considering going for that too, tickets are kind of crazy expensive at the moment so I'm still not sure if I will jump on that but after waiting so long to go back I am very tempted.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I preordered the original version Sailor Moon bluray box set that’s releasing soon. Am looking forward to finally seeing this show that was always on when I was a child, but I always managed to ignore alongside Dragonball (which I have also bought previously).

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
20221009-111209.jpg

Guess I'll say goodbye to coffee

bought some DVDs from the downtown antique thrift store yesterday

National Lampoon Vacation 3 movies collection
Platinum Edition 2 disc DVD of original animated Lion King movie
24 Season 4
Superman Returns 2 disc Special Edition
The Mummy Returns

Users who are viewing this thread