• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your First Video Game?

Hmmm...I can't remember...cause directly from birrth I began and that area of my life is a little fuzzy;) Hmm...I think it was Mario 64

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I was about five when I played my first video game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2. My mom was a huge fan of the Sonic games, and I remember watching her play the first Sonic game when I was about three or four. We used to play together too, when it was raining outside.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
My first game was "Castle Of Illusion - Starring Mickey Mouse" for the SEGA Genesis (You've probably never heard of it, but it's an Underrated Gem!)

Still play it today! My Genesis is older than me but it works like a charm to this day!

Last edited:
E

Elwing

My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog II and The Lion King for Sega Genesis :). Been a gamer since I was 4.. almost 17 years.

In terms of the first video game that I was able to play on, it is probably Diddy Kong Racing 64, Mario Kart 64 or The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Those were all my brothers though, since he was the one who had a Nintendo 64 at the time.

The first game that I actually was given to be my own was Pokemon Yellow. I spent a lot of time on that game as far as I can remember, I spent a lot of time playing with my Gameboy Colour and that copy, it still works too, which is really cool.

Mine was Super Mario Bros for the NES (ever heard of it? haha). I remember seeing baby videos of myself watching my mom play SMB and looking fascinated. She had beaten the entire game once, and I still find that incredibly impressive. After that she never touched a video game. She's getting older and her reflexes aren't what they were, so she plays things like Farkle and Words with Friends. But throughout my whole childhood, I played SMB every day, hoping I could be as good as my mom was.

I was about five when I played my first games. As to the very first - well, my memory is usually pretty good but I just really can't recall if it was Diddy Kong Racing or Yoshi's Story for the Nintendo 64. I started them both around the same time, though, so I know it's one or the other. Me and my nephew (who was born around three weeks before me, and is one of my closest friends) used to play for hours on those games... we were ecstatic when my dad and sister agreed to let us play games, so when we got home from school it was all we would do. Even now, each time we find ourselves back at my house with our stash of games from when we first started playing, he insists we go through and beat as many of our old games as we can while he's there. I really love those games.... :>

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
When I was about 6 (in 1st grade), I got a GBA SP with Pokemon Firered and a couple other games for Christmas. I always remember that if I was stuck, I just restarted, and started over. I'm pretty sure I first used a squirtle :P. When I got to the elite four I blew all my money on revives and max potions and had my HM slave heal my other pokemon when they fainted...

Fig

The Altruist
I was 1 when I got my first video game. I saw a commercial for Super Mario 64. When the commercial was finished, I said my first word. My first word: Nintendo. My mom saw how I excited I was, and so she decided to get the Nintendo 64. I started to play the game with the help of my father and I started to play video games ever since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom