• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your First Video Game?

Pong.

The original.

I prefer to say I'm OLD School!

Umm... I very young (12 to be exact.) The first game I ever owned was Wii Sports. The first game I ever played was Little Big Planet. That game made me interested in gaming.

Who wouldn't love Little Big Planet as their first game!

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
My first game was Ocarina of Time and I remember constantly dying in the Great Deku Tree. Ah good times :).

My first game was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PC. I found it sooooo hard but then I played it yesterday and its an incredibly fun but easy game:D

Teron

van der Nguyen
Either Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Tekken 3. First of the eight games I've ever beaten is Double Dragon.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm having trouble recalling my first game, but I've always considered Majora's Mask to be it for some reason. I used to play that hours on end when younger, along with other N64 classics, Super Mario 64 or StarFox 64. In fact I believe it might've been those initially, but MM elicits more memories from me still.

Mine was Yoshi's Story for the N64. It isn't really popular, but all and all, its a good game. I was probably 4 years old so I guess YS made me a gamer though I have more fonder memories of playing Mario Party, Goldeneye and the original Smash Bros with my friends.

Superb game. :yes:

I can't quite recall, but I think it was either Super Mario All-Stars, TLoZ:ALttP, Sonic the Hedgehog, or Doom. I've always sucked at 2D Mario games.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Umm... I very young (12 to be exact.) The first game I ever owned was Wii Sports. The first game I ever played was Little Big Planet. That game made me interested in gaming.

Nothing wrong with that! While Yoshi's Story was my first game, my parents didn't want me playing video games until I was older... so I missed out on owning an N64 and Gameboy Color. Little Big Planet would be a good first game. While I've never played it (but always wanted to!), I've heard nothing but good reviews about it! Looks like a pretty fun game!

Mine was Yoshi's Story for the N64. It isn't really popular, but all and all, its a good game. I was probably 4 years old so I guess YS made me a gamer though I have more fonder memories of playing Mario Party, Goldeneye and the original Smash Bros with my friends.

Woo! Another Yoshi's Story fan! Yeah, it is an easily forgotten game. Not the best, but still fun. Yeah Mario Party is a good one too. Like you, I also have a lot of memories of playing Mario Party when I was younger! My sister and I always fought over who got to be Princess Peach :D Ahh, I really want to play the original Goldeneye... it looks so fun! If only Nintendo would put it on the Wii Shop.

I can't quite recall, but I think it was either Super Mario All-Stars, TLoZ:ALttP, Sonic the Hedgehog, or Doom. I've always sucked at 2D Mario games.

Eh, I'm awful at 2D Mario games too. Well... more like all Mario games. I own so many Mario games, and yet I still have yet to beat one. Platformers are crazzzzzyyyy difficult!

Mine was Ocarina of Time on the N64. i was about 3 when i started playing it& i was hooked after that. i beat it too:P just a lot of random button pushing is all it took:D lol

Zelda fan from a really young age! Nice! I started playing Zelda in later elementary school, but the Deku Scrubs scared me and it took a couple years for me to come back to the series. :D

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Geez, I can hardly remember that far back!! I think it might of been the Game Boy Advance version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Or it might've been the Game Boy Advance version of Tom and Jerry and the Magic Ring. I can't remember which it was, but those are the earliest video game memories I have. Back when I was like, six or seven.

The first game I fell in love with was the very first Legend of Zelda. I remember getting that game and my NES (which I still have) for Christmas a loooong time ago. My entire family played it and fought over whose turn it was to play that night lolz. Also, Mario Bros and Duck Hunt. I always tried to shoot that dumb dog. Grr!

E

EpicDoug

Home Alone on the SNES ;). I could never get passed to second floor on that game. IT KILLED ME

I

iseemuffins

My first game was finding nemo on the good old gameboy advanced.

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
I grew up playing video games on my DOS pc, and I remember of REMEMBERING of playing Monkey Island when I was like 4, so I can't really say, but I think a DOS game, either Monkey Island or TIM-The Incredible Machine or Prince of Persia. Anyway they were all copied, so I didn't owned them. The first console I owned was the Sega Master System, so maybe the first games I legally owned were the built-in Hang On and Safari Hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom