• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your First Starter, and Why Did You Choose It?

I owned Pokemon Fire Red and my first starter was charmander. I was kinda a big pyromaniac when I was little... Still am love my fireworks! Safety is still first though...

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red, my first started Charmander (because it was my favorite at the time)

First play throughs:
Pokemon Red- Charmander
Pokemon Yellow- Pikachu (duh)
Pokemon Gold- Cyndaquil
Pokemon Ruby- Torchic (I like fire starters, can you tell? xD)
Pokemon Diamond- Piplup
Pokemon Black- Oshawott
Pokemon X- Chespin

Nowadays I like Bulbasaur for the original starters, but the others have stayed the same, though I've also developed a soft spot for Mudkip and Turtwig.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Back in my younger years I was a really poor girl so there was no way for me to even own a Pokemon game. I remember there was this one kid who had Pokemon Crystal so he let me borrow the game when he ever came by my father's house or when I went to his house. I was so fond of the Ash's Chikorita that I wanted one myself so it became my first Pokemon starter ever.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
My first game ever was Pokemon Ruby. And I mean it was literally my first video game I've ever played. It's what got me into gaming so it holds a special place in my heart. Anyway, I chose Mudkip. I hated chickens from a past experience and Treecko didn't exactly appeal to me. I thought Mudkip was adorable and it was just.... MMMMMMMMM. I really liked the more abnormal/interesting looking things in the world. Torchic was a chicken.... Treecko was just a Gecko.... But Mudkip? Mudkip was a thing. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I still loved it. It was my first Pokemon ever and is still my favorite starter ever. MUDKIP 4 LIFE.

I can't entirely remember which Pokemon game was my first between Fire Red and Sapphire. So it was either Bulbasaur or Torchic. They were probably chosen because I like their designs the best.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Charmander in Blue. I'm sort of like to set things on fire and gravitate towards it in games.

If you take Charmander to the first gym as your only leveled Pokemon, you're going to have a bad time.

Last edited:
My first starter was in soulsilver. It was chickorita. But later I deleted my file because I couldn't beat Bugsy. I think he had a glitch. At first his scyther was level 17, like its SUPPOSED to be. But the next time I went to challenge him, it was level 100. So I chose cyndaquil.

I didn't get into Pokemon until I was 14 (about 2 years ago) when I bought a GBA and my friend gave me her copy of Crystal (she didn't have anything to play it on anymore)
So Crystal was my first game, and I chose Chikorita because I thought it was cute. However, I beat 2 gyms then decided to start over and chose Cyndaquil (beat the whole game with that thing, I didn't know about teams)

Now I usually choose the grass starter for my main game, water for the opposite, and fire for the later released 3rd one.

I did get some of the other games over time, so here are my starters for the games I have:

Blue: Bulbasaur
Yellow: Pikachu (obv)
Silver: Totodile
Crystal: Chikorita
Ruby: Treeko
Sapphire: Mudkip
LeafGreen: Bulbasaur
FireRed: Charmander
Emerald: Torchic
Diamond: Turtwig
Pearl: Piplup
White: Snivy
Black 2: Tepig
X: Chespin
Y: Froakie

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
my first pokemon game was yellow so of course pikachu,gave that game away pretty quickly though

fastforward a good 8 years w/ fire red,i chose bulbasaur b/c i imagined all the starters in the final evolution and i thought who would look more intimidating in the background of a posse

w/ silver,i chose chikorita simply b/c it was the only design i liked

now w/ emerald,i went w/ treecko b/c i thought sceptile was a complete badass in the show

in x,i went w/ chespin b/c fennikin was getting all the attention and froakie was getting all the hate....so why not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom