• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What was your favourite video game of 2019?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Baba is You is one of the most clever and interesting puzzle games I've ever played and it's certainly my favorite new game I've played any of this year.

I've never played a game that can make me feel this stupid and this smart so effortlessly. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves to challenge themselves with puzzles.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 for its fantastic story, consistent character building, and dynamic turn-based battle system with a fitting soundtrack to top it all off. Can't wait for it to come to Switch, and hopefully have its predecessors follow suit.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I'm going to answer this question in two ways.

First off, answering this as "favorite game released and beat in 2019", there are slim pickings here for me. Pokemon Shield, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair are the three lone 2019 titles I have played and beat (or, in YL's case, almost beat) in 2019 (though I do have a few more games released in 2019 that I have to get to). I did enjoy all 3 games (I'm in the minority here on these forums of actually liking SwSh, lol), but for me my favorite was Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Now second, answering this as "favorite game played/beat for the first time in 2019", that gets tougher, given that I beat a ridiculous amount of games for the first time this year (my count sits at 79 games) and there were several really good ones in there. My top 5 would include Half-Life 2 through The Orange Box (2007), Mass Effect: Andromeda (2017), Valkyria Chronicles 4 (2018), Okami HD (2018) and Fire Emblem: Three Houses (2019). Out of those, it...probably is a tie between Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I really enjoyed VC4, and it's hard to really figure out whether or not I do prefer Three Houses over it due to recency bias, so I'm alright with them being 1A/1B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom