• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Favorite Appearance of Ganon/dorf?

What was your favorite appearance of Ganondorf?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Ocarina of Time

• Oracles

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Twilight Princess

• Total voters

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I personally liked Ganondorf in TP because he was so evil and so dark. I thought TP was oneof the darkest games yet.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Actually, No, I think TP made Ganondorf have this personality where he would't just give it up. It made him look like a persistent bastard in other words. And MM is actually darker than Tp.

S

ShadowMidna

My favorite appearance of Ganondorf was in OOT. His evil laughter in the game is scary.

Linky

King of Twilight
I liked TP the best because he was the darkest and he had this I'm going to do all I can do beat you look. Also I liked his death the best.

Austin

Austin
He had a little bit of attitude in OoT, but now he's incredibly pretentious and over-dramatic. His sadistic laugh became more of a sterotypically evil cackle. That's why I choose OoT.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I loved him in The Wind Waker. His appearance was so unexpected, and I will never forget the feeling I had when I saw him for the first time. I also really liked his personality in TWW. He was much older, and wiser. He had 100 years to think, and ponder. That whole bit at the end before you fight him, about his past, and such... that really added to his character, and made me like him even more.

Din Akera

Sniper
OoT is simply just the classic for me. (I know it's not THE classic, but) He was one of the smartest villains. Follow the hero until he opens the door of time! Whew! I would never have thought of that. And patient too. He waited seven years for Link to return with the triforce of courage!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'm torn! I love so many apperances of Ganondorf!

I chose Wind Waker in the end. I just love his *look* in that. He really pulls off the cell-shading the best of all the characters. People say he looks fat, but I think his look is very strong and regal. He's also rather intimidating and smart in WW - setting up his bace, crippling the Master Sword itself! He will not hesitate to kill a small child (Link)... or at least I seem to remember a speech to that effect in the Forsaken Fortress... "Tell the ones that made that sword" (how much they failed). He clearly was responsible for murdering Sages... People say that he's sympathetic in WW, for his speeches about the Gerudo and Hyrule's beautiful wind, but really, he was as ruthless as ever in that game.

Not that he's not intimidating in the other games. OoT and TP Ganny... he makes me shudder in both. Pure power. Still, I just... really like his character design in WW.

In my mind, all of Ganondorf's appearances revolve around his Ocarina of Time role. I use his persona in that game as a standard for all of his other debuts.

Seriously, I still get chills when he transforms into Ganon at the end, without saying a word.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I stereotype Ganondorf on the appearance he made in OoT, being because it was the first time I saw Ganondorf in a Zelda game.
It's the only game where he seems youthful and vigourous in my eyes.
Plus, I prefer this form of Ganon where he seems humanoid in stature, and also can weild weapons. Rather than just running around like some sort of wild animal.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I liked him most in The Wind Waker. He made some awesome speeches, yo. ;o

TWW really defined his character. Before OoT, all we knew him as was this power-hungry, stereotypical villain. In OoT, we saw him as a greedy human with a goal. In TWW, the reasons for that goal were defined, and we saw more into his human side. He didn't start out evil. His people were suffering, and he coveted Hyrule's prosperity. He wanted "that wind". But his needs turned to greed, and he was too weak on the inside. He was twisted by his own greed. He became a a kidnapper and a murderer. But that hint of morality was still there. There was a sadness to him, and I saw that most in his speeches and in that scene where he sat by the sleeping Princess Zelda's bedside. He could have killed her, but he did not. He still had that goal- he needed to confront Link in order to confront himself. In his own opinion, it was too late for him to change, and that goal of obtaining the Triforce was the only thing he had left.

Pretty sad. But he's still pretty ruthless. It's great to see our evil villain have depth to his character.

definitly in the wind waker. the way he controls that bird, his double sword skills and how link actually looked like he was hurt after his fight.

also his massive robes are awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom