• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Best Pokemon Card As a Kid?

I was just searching through my old things and found my stash of pokemon cards! There's like 2 big books filled with nothing but Gen 1 cards. :xd:

It got me thinking about back in the day when me and my friends would collect and trade pokemon cards all the time. We got our hands on some pretty nice cards too :cool: :P

What was the best pokemon card you ever got as a kid through trading or booster packs?

X

Xenos Frost

Mine was a shiny charizard, it was a slilvery gray rather than orange, and it had blue flames and breathed blue fire, it was a promotion that was gave away for a tournament and the only kind

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I don't really know which one is my best, (I still have all of them) but I do have all three legendary birds in pretty good nick from the first edition cards, so they are my pride and joy of my card collection.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Probably the original Charizard that knew Flamethrower….that attack did like 100 damage o_O Then again, there was also Lugia EX and it’s Elemental Blast..….but that Charizard was pretty rare back then ^::^

Last edited:
Some of my best included a shiny Vaporeon, Aggron, Walrein, and a regular Rydon. All had a bounty of HP and moves capable of doing 50+ damage though I must admit I did despise some of their coin flipping attacks. :P

I never really got into the card game, at least not as much as the videogames. :D Yu-Gi-Oh! dominated my card playing childhood! As far as I'm concerned the whole idea of Pokemon cards is going a bit too far. I'm glad the videogames aren't nearly as radical.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Hmmm, now that I think about it.....the three star Shining Mewtwo I got a long time ago is likely the rarest card I ever got, back then anyways :right: I still have it actually, but over the years it certainly has has aged :/

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Mine was a Moltres EX Reverse Holofoil. Unfortunately, one of my Cousins stole it while he and I were trading, and I was in the bathroom. He stole several other cards, too, but that was the big one. Now, my little brother has all my cards, so I don't care much anymore.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Hmm I a a few good ones. But my best would have to be my level X Typhlosion. That's because I was (and still somewhat) obsesed with his evaluion forms. So yeah....

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I'm not into Pokemon as much as I used to be, but I did have a Mewtwo card back in the 1st generation days.

When I was younger I didn't know the rarity of cards as I just got them, so I was a newbie. Sadly my friend who was already in to the cards asked if I would trade with him, so he got my shiny Charizard and my shiny Mew... And he won't trade back ;P
I still own many cards but I don't know how rare each version is, but to me my most valuable ones are my Tyranitar EX, Flygon EX, Absol EX, and my Shaymin lv X. I have other legendary cards but those are shiny ;)

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
My squirtle :puppy: I know it's REALLY basic... but I never lost a match without him. I love him... I still have him :kawaii: I'd be devastated if I lost him...

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I remember opening up a pack of Pokemon Generation II cards and got a Lugia. I was flipping out in the back seat of my dads car when I got it. Other than that I had a Gyarados which was pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom