• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What was the Zelda dungeon that you had the most trouble with?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Of off the top of my head... Palace of Winds from the Minish Cap... It's such a long dungeon with many difficult enemies, and you have to get all the way to the top without dying to get to the mini-boss, then defeat it to get the portal shortcut. After all that, you realize that you're only half-way done. It is very long, very difficult, hard-hitting enemies and tricky puzzles

"Most trouble with" is pretty vague.

Ocarina of Time, Water Temple- intellectually the most difficult one I ever did. I was 10, it was my first Zelda, and it was... well, it was the Water Temple.

Twilight Princesss, Sky Temple- most epically tedious dungeon I ever played. I LITERALLY fell asleep playing it. Passed out waiting for those idiotic slow-rotating clawshot platform/spinning paddles to come back around.

Stone Tower Temple, Majora's Mask- Not THE most difficult one I did, but there was a notable bit where I got stuck long enough I broke down and checked the Player's Guide... and it didn't help me at all. It glossed over how to get past the part I was stuck on. Which I'm actually glad for, because a short time later is when I had the random epiphany of where I needed to go, thanks to remembering how the iron gate moved in a cutscene.

MW7

I had a lot of trouble with Death Mountain in Zelda 1, and the Great Palace in Zelda 2. I don't think I've ever beaten either without consulting a map. Now that I've beaten both games many times I can usually complete both without dying. I think the single hardest dungeon in any Zelda game is the linked Hero's Cave in Oracle of Ages. I eventually figured out the color tile room without looking it up, but it took a very long time. However, I think the hardest room in the entire series is later in the same dungeon with the lava room with color push blocks. I think I spent a lot of time figuring out how to solve the puzzle, but then it took far more time and effort actually executing the solution.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
2D Dungeon-Eagle Tower
3D Dungeon-Lanayru Mining Facility
Oh man, Lanayru Mining Facility was mega hard. I died in almost every room (granted it was because I didn't realize you could stab with the wiimote and almost every enemy there requires stabbing) and it was totally not my own fault. Totally.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably one of the dungeons from the original Legend of Zelda. While there isn't anything specifrically difficult about early dungeons in the first game, the clunkiness of the combat made them difficult for a young Bowsette whose only experience with Zelda was the 3D games.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It might be because I was so young and it's probably cliche at this point but oh my god 10 year old me had an absolute nightmaaare trying to finish the Water Temple in OoT. I think it took me like a week. I did a room a day basically.

It taught me a valuable life lesson though! that you should never give up!!!... and life can be wet and miserable. :)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I feel like there are a lot of dungeons where I felt railroaded. It's the near universal answer, but the 3D dungeon I spent the most time stuck in was definitely the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. The original game didn't have that very obvious cue to look under the red block once the water is raised a second time in that central room. So for like 2 weeks I had a locked door but could not find a key to open it. Eventually my dad and I called my uncle because he told us when he bought the game that he also bought the game guide, and he told us where the key was. Very simple solution, but somehow it didn't cross our minds to investigate under that block in that room.

Death Mountain in The Legend of Zelda and The Great Palace in Adventure of Link are some of the hardest 2D dungeons because of how long and complex they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom