• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What was the Zelda dungeon that you had the most trouble with?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Snowpeak from TP wasn't fun. Stone Tower from MM was instantly hard, but not frustrating. Any of the OoT child dungeon's (Including Spirit Temple) suck.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Everyone complains about OOT water temple, but TP's was way harder for me with the rotating staircase. That was hands down my least favorite dungeon in the game. Stone tower temple was also difficult in MM, but I thought it was well designed and had its fun moments (though I would be lying if I said I didn't use a walkthrough to beat it). :P

Gorozoron

wild ride
I'd say oot wood temple, it just for some reason always confuddles me
I have a personal rough experience with stone tower because it took me multiple years (not kidding) to figure out I had to hookshot a box to get to the boss room

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I had so much trouble with the Skull Dungeon in OoA. Most of the platforms are really narrow, with lava between them so it's hard to maneuver around enemies without falling in. There were also rooms where you had to change the color of all the floor tiles without stepping on a tile twice, which proved all sorts of frustrating. And finally, the part I got stuck at was where you have to pull a lever to make the lava floor solidify and run across before it turns back into lava. For whatever reason I can't make it in time and haven't gotten further in the game because of that (and I've been trying for over a year).

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Can someone explain to me the problem with TP's Water Temple? It was honestly a good time. I'm not even being the shameless TP defender, I'm honestly just surprised it's such an unpopular dungeon.

I probably could give this more thought, but I'm gonna say the Goron Mines from Twilight Princess because I was stuck in that for years, because in like the second room there was a ladder on a grated wall that I totally didn't see and didn't know how to proceed. Probably uh, a combination of it being my first 3d Zelda game and the color scheme with the fire making it hard to notice what I could interact with... Me and Goron dungeons haven't really gotten along since.

The Water Temple from OoT, as much as I love it, stumped me for the longest time with the key at the bottom of the tower. I was a kid at the time and the internet wasn't as convenient to access, so I don't remember how I even thought to look under the platform.
Can someone explain to me the problem with TP's Water Temple? It was honestly a good time. I'm not even being the shameless TP defender, I'm honestly just surprised it's such an unpopular dungeon.
It's easy to get disoriented in the central tower where you rotate the staircase. I don't think it's that bad myself, but there really should have been a way to help the player navigate it easier.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I honestly don't know anymore. I would say OoT's Water Temple but I didn't have a hard time in there. Just annoying with the water levels. I don't remember all other dungeons from the Oracle games anymore so I can't make an accurate guess

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I struggled with all of the water temples in all of the zelda games, I don't know what it is but I've just never had a good time with those types of temples even though I do think they're really nice looking and I do like the music.

Turtle Rock in Link's Awakening and Death Mountain in Zelda 1 are both so big, I needed to start writing down where things were cuz the map was useless. Most of the water dungeons I didn't actually have too much trouble with. Also, the Temple of the Ocean King while losing no sand is super duper hard and I have yet to successfully do it. Of these, Death Mountain has to be the hardest; that game really deserves a remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom