• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the Very First Movie You Saw in the Theater? Did You Ever Watch It Again?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So what movie was the first you ever saw in the theater? Mine was Grease in 1978 (yes......centuries ago :P )
My sister was so excited and my mother promised her we would be allowed to see it in the theater for her birthday. She collected all 45-records and albums of Grease. It's a movie I hardly watch anymore. I saw it like 2 times after this (on telly). So what about you guys?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I don't recall seeing it at the theatre, but according to my mother:
Elmo_in_Grouchland_Movie_Poster.jpg
I remember watching it on home video a few times, but haven't seen it for at least 10 years. I'm sure I'd find it rubbish nowadays.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The first movie that I remember watching at the movie theatre was Finding Nemo (I don't remember what year that was).
Lets just say I'll never forget this address: P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I watched Titanic when I was 6 months old. I know this because my mom told me. I have watched it many times since then because I obviously didn't remember it when I first watched it and I actually like that movie.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
The first movie I ever saw in the theater was Aladdin. I remember making my dad wait in line for an hour before the movie theater even opened (I grew up in a really small town where the theater had one screen and only opened about 20 minutes before the showing started). I then insisted on sitting in the very front row and spent the entire ninety minutes staring straight up and barely being able to see anything because I was so close. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and I have probably seen it at least ten times, although not for at least ten years.

Mine was Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in the far away 2005. First I watched it alone, then a second time with friends. A year or two later I've got the DVD box set.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Mine was The Tigger Movie. I don't remember much but my parents said we got kicked out because I was crying too much...I haven't seen it in a really long time but I do remember watching it (and still crying too much tbqh).

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
More like, what's the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?
The first one I remember seeing in theaters is The Lion King. Though I'm absolutely certain I've seen others before that. And yeah, I saw that one again. I might have seen Aladdin before that. But I don't remember.

Austin

Austin
I don't remember the first movie I've seen in theaters, but I've been told it was the first Power Rangers film in... the early 90s. I saw it again a few times in my early childhood but definitely not again for a while now. I wouldn't mind seeing it on a boring weekend or something though.

Dan

Dammit Vanessa stop making threads I can't remember the answer too!
Erm I can't recall, but some of the early movies were A bugs life, and a Disney ANIMATED film so just from that we know it was quite early 90's
I definitely watched a lot of early films I saw at the cinema again, we always got it on VHS if we really liked it :D Nowadays it's quite different, I cannot watch a movie again until a lot of time has passed.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Hmm...you know I can't seem to remember. Toy Story 2 is the farthest I can go back to. I've watched it many times since then.

Hanyou

didn't build that
My nemesis from first grade invited me to watch Aladdin. In hindsight, I think our parents were trying to make us play nice with each other, and it worked.

I remember it vividly. We sat in the front row. I was blown away by the experience of watching a movie on the big screen, but thought the movie itself was only so-so. After playing the Genesis game, I watched the movie again on video and loved it.

Definitely one of my all-time favorites, so you bet I've watched it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom