• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Was The Saddest/Most Heart-Warming Moment's Of MM?

Hero of…. #s, I guess
In Majora's Mask, there are so many emotional moments, and a lot of them are bittersweet moments, being in someways "heartwarming" but in other ways sad and desperate. I should also point out that I have never 100%'d Majora's Mask, so I don't know every part of the game. However, there are so many moments that I'll just rattle off a few of my favorites.

• when you speak to the Goron Elder as Darmani and he wants to go back to put his son to sleep, and to comfort him, but he can't, so he struggles to remember the Goron Lullaby
  • when you speak to Darmani and he tells the story of being unable to help his people in a time of crisis
  • when you heal Pamela's father and the two are reunited
  • Anju and Kafei for reasons that are self explanatory
  • obtaining the Kamaro Mask from the dying dancer
  • the story of the Skull Kid
  • Clock Town on Day 3. Every part of it, the sense of despair, the reactions of everyone
  • for me, any time when you go back in time late on Day 3 as the earth is rumbling, it almost feels like you're going to an alternate timeline where the people on this timeline are going to die, and you're running away and escaping that fate. I'm not suggesting there actually is an alternate timeline, but it just gives that type of feeling to me.

I'm sure if I sat here all night I could think of dozens more, but those are the times in the game when I clearly got the sense of despair, and therefore to me those are the saddest/most heartwarming parts.

Personally, for me the saddest moment was when I was in the room with Anju and I messed up so Kafei didn't come. I waited and the moon crushed the earth. How sad.. *sniffle*

The most heart warming had to be either Anju + Kafei reunited or Saving the farm and getting a hug from Cremia :3 heheh

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
The saddest is when Kafei comes back to Clock Town but Anju has already fled. It's so sad because he came back and she was not there and the moon will crush him soon. The most heart warming is when skull kid asks to be your friend. Skull Kid I very lonely and was corrupted by the mask. Now that he is rid of it he can be friends. I don't know why but I found this such a happy scene.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The saddest moment for me was in MM when you see Anju and Kafei on the last day, in the last five minutes, when they are getting ready to die together. =(

I totally agree with this. The dialogue is not too over the top and perfectly compliments the melancholy created by the knowledge that moments after reuniting with one another, they face nothing but oblivion in each others arms.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
The most heart-warming moment in MM for me is the very end of the game when you see the stump in the forest with a carving of Skull Kid and Link in it and the short Saria's Song tune plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom