• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the Game That Sparked Your Love for Gaming?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Sorry if there is a thread similar to this, I did look...

What was the game that generally sparked your interest or as I put it love for gaming?

Mine would be a couple of games back on the PS1 when I was around 5 years old! They were called Croc and Spyro....In my opinion I thought these games were great for thier time and looking back I would say both had great soundtrack's, platforming elements and a good challenge! I loved the simple narrative in these games as a kid and the 3D world and levels really blew my mind as there were no games like this at the time that I had played before :)

I was playing games not long after i could hold a contorller, my parents just put me in front of a console to keep me out of the way so i kind of just accepted it and kept pressing buttons without the sentient mind to really know what i was doing (and looking back i still don't know what those primitive games were wanting me to do)

But really the first time i noticed games and all that they could be was in FF8, the advert on TV looked like a movie that i'd love to see and i fell in love with Rinoa (my first crush <3) and i made it my mission to play that game, never did get very far until many years later but i count FF8 as my sentient embarking into video games and what they truly are.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The game that sparked my love for gaming was either Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Bomberman 64...

Both games were just great as far as I'm concerned, if the game that got me was OoT well we all know that story, but Bomberman 64 encapsulated exploration for me within a very tight, closed level set. I remember seeing that one guy who betrays you at the end of the game, and trying to get all of the video clips or whatever they were called. I never did but man, good times!

Kirby's Dreamland 2, which was the first or second game I ever played, such a great game, made me an early Nintendo fan.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Ocarina of Time. The first and best game I've ever played. The games that kept me into gaming were games like Mario Party, DK 64, Glover, and Super Smash Bros. Pokémon inspired my love of RPG's, the first one I played was Ruby, then Fire Red. I also recall playing F-Zero for the GameBoy Advance until my eyes bled...but yeah, good times.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mario World on my SNES (I still have the working game and console :)). I probably have major bias and major nostalgia for this game but it is one of my top 10 games. The level and world design was superb and the enimies were interesting and imaginative. This is the best 2D Mario game to date IMO.

Hmmm, I'd say Twilight Princess, since it was the first game I really got to play. I started it and was instantly hooked, and just had to get SSBB because of it. And then SSBB led to me getting my two Fire Emblem games and TWW. Yeah, when I think about it, TP started it all!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
One word. Myst

Myst was many gamers introduction to video gaming, largely due to the sheer numbers and diverse demographics it appealed to. No video game had ever been anything like it before... and largely since. There were no guns, no action, you couldn't even lose. It was just you, a deep and compelling surrealistic virtual environment with no barriers other than the fiendishly challenging puzzles... and a trackball. If you could use a mouse you could play Myst. It is a gorgeous game. Elegant and simple in its design and deep and nuanced in its complexity.

It grabs you from the first frame of opening video. I still get goosebumps hearing the opening beats of co-developer Robyn Miller's fantastic score accompanied by his brother Rand's tantalizing voice over narration as Atrus. Then the rest just keeps you going, driving players to explore and uncover more of the fantastic alien worlds they constructed in such vivid detail. Countless office hours and class lectures were wasted by players running over possible solutions to the puzzles in their heads! That game pulls you in ways Evercrack and World of Warcrack can't even begin to comprehend.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, I've been playing games since I was a little kid (Amstrad, NES, various computer games, playing SNES, PS1 at friends houses, etc) and always found them to be fun, but the title that probably kept me playing games past childhood was probably OoT. It made games be more than just fun, it made it magical.

Super Mario 64 undoubtedly sparked my love for gaming. If I had started with a game I didn't like I probably wouldn't be gaming. I'm very picky. The game blew my mind. To this day, the final Bowser battle is engraved in my mind as legendary and I refuse to replay the game for fear of breaking that nostalgia.

W

Widget

My Gaming Spark

I was 8 years old when My dad too me to Best Buy and i bought Lego Indiana Jones for the PC. (first Video Game I ever had besided Thomas The Tank engine and Winnie The Pooh PC DVD ROM games). I played that game and 100% completed it. After that i got Lego batman, Indy 2, Harry Potter, and Harry Potter 2 before i got a dsi when i was 9 and with it NSMB. I got sucked into nintendo and my first zelda game was Ocarina of Time, which i quit and restarted on the 3ds 2 years later, so my first real Zelda game was Twilight Princess. I still love Lego Indiana Jones to this day. Happy Gaming :D :squishy::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom