• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Was the First Zelda Game You've Ever Played?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I had always been a fan of the Zelda series as I used to go round to my friends house as he used to own a Snes and the N64. However the first Zelda game I owned was Phantom Hourglass because as a kid I was more apart of the PlayStation 1&2 generation.

Even though I use to go round to my friends and play the likes of AlttP, OoT and MM I would still consider my first true Zelda game to be Phantom Hourglass :)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I played Majora's Mask when I was rather young and not smart enough to figure out what to do. I never got farther than the Goron Village. The first one I actually beat was WW.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Oot was first for me, despite it being only a year younger than me. I saw Link and Zelda in SSB Melee and were instantly curious about the games, but never actually got to play one until Brawl. I played the demo and ended up buying it on the Wii shop channel <3

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
The first Zelda game i played was AoL and i freakin hated it, the game was so hard, but i was also like 4 or 5. So when ALttP came out, my mom got it for me..... mainly cuz she wanted to play it and couldnt justify getting it for herself. But by that time i was like 10 or 11 years old. So ALttP is the first zelda game i beat, and for a 12 year old (by the time i beat it) that was an accoplishment, Kinda like beating Demon's Souls today!

Though I don't really remember that well, I think I played either the original The Legend of Zelda for the NES or Zelda II: Adventure of Link as my first game. If that's not the case, then it must be Ocarina of Time, though that was only for about 10 minutes at my friends house. The first Zelda-game I've ever owned myself (and beaten) is definitely The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Btw. as for the NES ones I believe we had them in my Kindergarten, but I don't remember if ever played those two. I was more of a Mario- and Kirby-boy back then. Still a big fan of Mario and Kirby (and everything else made by Nintendo), but my number one favorite video game series is and probably will always be The (one and only) Legend of Zelda :D

M

Mat Cauthon

The 1st Zelda game I ever played was the original Legend of Zelda in the late 80's, I was only 6 or 7 at the time so I just thought it was a cool game, played it and moved on. I didn't get chance to play Zelda 2 until around 10 years ago but I did play Link to the Past on the SNES when it was released in Europe in the very early 90's and once again I thought it was a cool game and moved on. Next came Links Awakening on the Gameboy but it wasn't until I played Ocarina of Time that I really got into the Zelda series in a big way. I've picked up and beat every single Zelda game that's been released on launch day since then apart from the Oracles games and Spirit Tracks which I just couldn't get into no matter how hard I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom