• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters

NES

Awesome
I remember when I was young, my brother got ALttP for his birthday. He wouldn't let me play it but I did anyway and I thought it was super cool. :)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
My first game was OoT. I really was in love with the game when I first played it. It was one of Nintendo's most successful games. The storyline was absolutely amazing. The characters were fun to talk to and look at. The game was appealing, and the areas, music, and layout lured you in. If I could ever recommend any game, it's this one.

octorok74

TETTAC
My first Zelda game was Oracle of Ages. I got it when I was very young as a Christmas gift from my aunt. It was amazing and was the game that got me hooked not only on video games, but on the Legend of Zelda. Without that game, I would not be a member of ZD.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
The Ocarina of Time, just a few months after it was first released.

The frustrating thing was that my parents pre-ordered it for me a couple of days before my N64 broke.
So it was definately annoying, coming home from school and staring at a game that I really badly wanted to play but couldn't.
This was fixed in a week of course, and I played through the entire game without thinking that a single part could do with improvement.
The mind of a child, a mind without criticism.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Of course, it would be WW for me. I never finished it, (if you don't know the story, well, I got to the final area where you fight all bosses before facing Ganon, I beat a few of those but never really went in to finish the game, some other games caught my attention) but I did enjoy the game very much.

My first was Twilight Princess. It was a couple days after my birthday last year and I was bored because they're weren't a lot of games for the Wii that interests me. So I decided to get Twilight Princess and that got me hooked on the series.

T

Travis

The original Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
We got a bunch of NES games from my uncle and the golden cartridge caught my eye.
Come to find out, it was actually a great game!
Being a kid and all, I couldn't figure out what to do half the time.
Luckily, my dad had already beat the game so he was able to help me here and there.
However, I didn't really become "obsessed" with the Zelda series until Ocarina of Time.

Claire

The Geekette
The first game from the Legend of Zelda series that I was introduced to was The Minish Cap in 2005. When I had completed the game, I had played numerous others, mostly the older games. When I had played the older games and compared them to The Minish Cap, Link's Awakening in particular, I was blown away at how much better Link's Awakening was compared to The Minish Cap. While it was my first to play in the series, it is certainly not my favorite, nor do I think it is underrated. Compared to the older, handheld games (and older games in general), it is so-so.

M

Mikau

I got Twilight princess when i was really young, and i didnt understand any of it. but then i grew a deep understanding and made the jump to a heavy gamer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom