• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters
My first Legend of Zelda game was A Link to the Past. And, yes--it is still my favorite. The plot was great--and probably one of first video games that had a more developed plot as technology was also beginning to develop. Even though a lot of people dislike games that lack 3-dimensional graphics, I really adore the sprites of the game. Considering when it was made--originally for the SNES (which I have the GBA remake of it), it had some really good graphics for its time.

Just thinking about all the qualities of it right now is making my mind surge with nostalgia. It's definitely a masterpiece--and I'm glad it was the game that introduced me to the series, because it immediately pulled me in.

Last edited:
My first was AoL. After having replayed a number of others from my chidhood, it just might eek out the title of my personal favourite.

Last edited:

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
My first was Phantom Hourglass. I was in second grade and my babysitter's son had it but he couldn't read so they asked me If I wanted to borrow it and I said yes. Unfortunately, I was 8 and therefore got stuck at the fire temple (I was so proud of myself for making it so far). But, alas, I was unable to find meaning in playing the game over and over and not getting any farther, so it lay unused on the floor until the actual owner requested it.

Fortunately, I made amends with the game when I bought it from a discount shop one month ago. I beat the game without use of a walkthrough, but I haven't got all of the gems yet.

My first ever Zelda game was A Link to the Past. It's what got me into the Zelda series, and even moreso the adventure game genre in the first place. My older brother used to play it and I'd watch until I eventually started playing myself. Ironically, it was one of the few games I could actually play back then, since I was mostly terrible at everything else (Super Mario Bros.); even for a 4 year old. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
mine was ocarina of time. i was like 3 or 4 when i got it for xmas (it came with the n64) suprisingly (the gamer i was at 3 or 4 years old) i beat the gr8 deku tree and all that. but when i got to dodongos cavern i was too scared. didnt play till i was like 6 or 7. beat it at 11. i have played and beat : ocarina of time ( and 3d ) majoras mask , minish cap , wind waker , twilight princess , phantom hourglass and spirit tracks. now trying to beat the first one the legend of zelda.

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
I think my first Zelda game was Four Swords Adventures. I was at the store with my mom (I was, like, five), and I saw FSA sitting there and I asked, "Hey mom, can I get it? :D" And we bought it.

I never really got too far in it lol. I was really bad at video games when I was little. XD

But since then, WW and TP have surpassed it as my favorite games. FSA was fun, yes, but exploring the ocean on a talking boat and having some imp lady ride me as a wolf was much better. XD

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time. Back then I think I watched my dad play the game more then I played it myself but thats because I was so little. Anyway, I was amazed by the game then and I still am now. It remains my first favorite Zelda title and I think it always will be.

I've played it on the N64, the Game cube, the Wii and now on 3DS and it's never gotten old to me. I've kinda lost count of how many playthroughs I've done though! XD

S

Silvah

My first Zelda game was actually Ocarina of Time. :D

My dad had bought the Collector's Edition for the Game Cube, and I remember starting a file and aimlessly running through Kokiri Forest.
I was about 6-7, and I had no idea what to do. I remember trying to get past Mido by rolling into him countless times. XD
In the end, I finally gave up, and my dad took over.

Well, since then, I've replayed it, both on GC and the 3DS, and it's still my favorite. ^^
There's something about that 7-10 year old fairy boy and his adventure that I'll always be fond of. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
My first Zelda was Twilight Princess. Not only was it my first Zelda, it was my first 'real' video game. It was last year, and my younger cousin was playing it. I thought it looked really cool, so I borrowed my uncle's copy until I finished it. After that, I was so addicted to it, that I bought my own copy and kept replaying it. It still is my favorite. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time, and I love it to this day. I could praise it all I want, but I'll just leave a 'microstep behind perfect adventure' in place of all that.

My first Zelda was Ocarina of Time! It was also the first video game where I made it to and defeated the final boss, so it's a very special game to me. I loved it, and I still do, but it lost number one status for me the second I played my second Zelda game (Majora's Mask), and now that I've played the entire series it's no longer in second place either. This isn't because I think it's bad, I just found other Zelda games that I think are even better.

But I'm very glad that it was Ocarina of Time that introduced me to the series, I think it did a great job of teaching me how to play Zelda and showing me what the land of Hyrule was all about. It's learning curve and pacing are nothing short of perfect. When people ask me what Zelda game they should start with, it's always the one I tell them :)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The first Zelda game I've played was The Legend of Zelda. I didn't really understand what to do in the game but mess around and try to get as far as I can. The furthest I ever got back in the day was the first dungeon. Never got passed it. I was like anywhere from 3-5 at the time. So, is The Legend of Zelda my favorite Zelda game? Well no, that would be Ocarina of Time, the third Zelda game I ever knew/2nd I got to experience. Even if it was just watching my bro play.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Technically, my first Zelda game was A Link to the Past. However, I was five, and forgot about it later, only remembering when I got a GBA version of it. The game that got me into Zelda was Minish Cap. A friend got it for me for my birthday, and I played it and was hooked instantly. However, I did remember about ALttP (but I forgot what it was called) and started looking for it so that I could play it again. And then I found Ocarina of Time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom