• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters

Master

Upcoming
I actually , i first played a zelda game when i borrowed Phantom HourGlass from a friend of mine . I got to say , I fell in love with it . I would stay up to 2am , playing through the Ocean Temple , unlocking secret items , ect. But now , i am in love with Twilight Princess , me and Phantom Hourglass Broke up :cry:

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
The first Zelda game I ever played was A Link to the Past. I remember watching my aunt play through the game at a very young age and basically memorizing everything she did in it. I would play through it later, doing exactly what she did to get through the dungeons. I remember the morning I beat it, I was so excited that I woke my parents up just to tell them. I still feel that A Link to the Past is the best game in the series with how well it was done and everything it has brought to the series. I don't know if any other game will ever top that for me, but I hope one does soon, as recent games have been a disappointment for me.

The first Zelda game I played was Oracle of Ages for gameboy color. I never got a console system until I was about 11, so this was what I played. It is still one of my favorite games. I loved exploring the overworld and trying to fill in each map square, and imagining what was in one that I couldn't get to. It has such a nostalgic feel that the newer games cannot capture. I really hope that Nintendo experiments with another 2D title.

P

Pheonix14

I had never heard of Zelda until I was 10 (same year TP was released) until I went to my Japanese friends house and he showed me Twilight Princess and I loved It so much that I got addicted and played through (100% game completion) in six days. So that was the first game I ever played but so far my favorite has to be TLOZ because even though it's old and kinda hard, It's the only Video Game I've ever played that wasn't so linear that I could predict what would happen and play through it in a few days.

X

XTC

First Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past; I was blown away. I immediately fell in love with Hyrule and is story. Then I got immersed in everything Zelda and quickly obtained any game I could from then on.

D

Darth Link

I played Link's Awakening first, but I didn't beat it for years, until I was in college. I had a short attention span (I still do) and always played half way through before losing interest.

Currently, my favorite is Wind Waker.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
My first game was Twilight Princess and I loved that game for story,Hyrule and Hyrule Field, Music, Bosses, and Midna. But when it comes to all the LoZ games I've played (Almost all) it comes in number 2. My all time favorite for many reason that would take too long to list is Majora's Mask by far.

The first Zelda game that I played was Majora's Mask, I liked everything about it except how you save. That is the one thing I don't like about it. And it is still my favorite Zelda game. No Zelda game has come close to beating it. When I was little it did scare me and now I wonder how I did not have nightmares after playing it.

Last edited:
My first one was Majora's Mask and I hated it. It confused the heck out of me, and I didn't get the plot. (I was like, 5.) So I had a tendency to just put on the Goron Mask and roll around everywhere. My older brother would take over while I was sleeping and beat a section of the game for me every night. I would wake up the next day and be all ike, "Wow, I did all of that?"

But in playing it upon my later years, (After beating OOT,) It became my favorite game. And I now realize that I did absolutely nothing to beat that game before and I owe all the credit to my older brother, David. Thanks bro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom