• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Zelda Game You Played and Was It Good?

Is the first Zelda game that you played, your favorite still?

• Total voters

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I adore Majora's Mask for bringing me into the series, but love now Twilight Princess above all because, after my years of absence, it brought me back.

When I was 7 I really wanted a GameCube. My friend kept talking about some game he called "Zelda" and I thought, "Pfff, It can't be that good."
But when I got my GameCube, It came with Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. I booted it up, and chose a random game, which was Ocarina of Time. I started the game, and then my mind was blown all over the room.

The one that interested me was Wind Waker. We had just got a GameCube, and I was trying to find some good games for it. Then I got Phantom Hourglass. That was my first zelda but I still wanted to try Wind Waker. When I got it for Christmas I played it and enjoyed it so much I went and got the Collector's Edition for GameCube and aLttP + Four Swords.

My first was LoZ for the Nes.
It was my favourite until LttP came along.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LttP came out twenty years ago and its still my all time favourite Zelda game.
Why is it my favourite, here are the reasons.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly there are two worlds a light world and a dark world which you can travel between by using the blue warp squares as well as using the magic mirror.
Secondly it was the game that brought us many of the weapons that we know and love and although they me called a different name they are essentially the same.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thirdly there is so much exploring to do compared to the original Zelda game there are so many things to find and LttP was the first Zelda game to have 20 container hearts once all heart pieces and full container hearts are found.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fourth and the music is just so nice many times while playing it ill hum away to the tune which leads me to losing concentration and dying.
And one more thing at the start of the game it tells a story of how Agahnim came to Hyrule how the seals of the seven wise men where broken.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, the original LoZ was the first one I played as the NES classics for the Nintendo Gameboy Advance. But I guess it doesn't count 'cuz I only played it for a couple of minutes. The game that got me into the series was Twilight Princess, technically the best Zelda to date! To me, the best Zelda is a tie between TP and OoT. Man, these games set the bar higher when it comes to adventure games!

First I ever played was Minish Cap. It has a lot of great qualities, and the only flaws are that kinstones are kind of annoying, and I hate the Fortress of Winds.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
GBA version of Link's Adventure. Safe to say, I didn't make much progress, because as a kid I was awful at games in general.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The question is when you say "First" zelda game do you mean the first one you picked up or the first one you finished?

In terms of Picked up it was ALTTP still my most favorite
In terms of Completed it was OOT but it isn't as great as ALTTP mainly cuz it felt like it was a 3D remake in the cases of the dungeons and final boss.

Ocarina of Time is my first and my favourite ^^ Played it when I was 10 years old and just fell in love with it. Probably my favourite game ever actually, since it always brings back good memories for me ;)

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The first one I played was OoT and the first one I owned was MM. Both were phenomenal, but I'm more of a MM guy.

While Ocarina of Time was my first, I don't know if it's my favorite. In fact, try as I might, I can't really think of a single favorite. I'm just a huge fan of Zelda games, and while some of them are better or worse than others, and some do one or two things I really like or don't like, I cannot name a definitive favorite. And really, I'm okay with that. I feel like it makes me more objective than I would be when it comes time to discuss any particular game's pros and cons.

A Link to the Past, and it was absolutely mind blowingly good. It's my 2nd favorite, but to be fair it wasnt my first owned zelda game, that was links awakening, and that one is my favorite.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My first Zelda game was the greatest and most critically acclaimed game of all time. It was not merely good.

I think if it hadn't been good I wouldn't have gotten into the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom