• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the First Handheld You Ever Owned and Which Game(s)?

octorok74

TETTAC
Gameboy Color, LoZ: OoA, Pokemon Blue, Donkey Kong Country. Got it all for Christmas when I was 8. That was a great Christmas.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
A coral pink DS Lite with Nintendogs: Lab & Friends. I got it for Christmas one year as a kid. ^^ I don't think I had any other games at the time, but that was all I really needed. I'd wanted it ever since I played with the dogs in the demo at Wal-Mart. I eventually sold it to get a blue DSi, however.

Man, I feel lonely. So many others had some kind of GameBoy first, but I didn't get my GBA until a friend donated it to me a couple years ago.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
An original Game Boy, Link's Awakening, on April 3, 1994. Took me years to even figure out how to enter level 2! I remember spending a long time trying to get enough money for the bow. It's so different when you're five years old.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I got a DS Lite in 2007. First game was SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab, I think. Actually the first Nintendo hardware I owned, despite having fun with mates on all their consoles since the Nintendo 64.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Well, it actually depends. When I was really little, me and my sisters shared an Atomic Purple GBC, but the only game we had was this cute little Powerpuff Girls game. Paint the Town Green, I think it was called?

Anyway, I didn't truly own a handheld until my seventh birthday, when I got a red GBASP (which I liked calling my 'guh-BASP' for no good reason) and Mario Golf Advanced Tour. I miss that little guy, sold it to get my DS Lite. And I sold that to get Skyward Sword. *sigh* Such is the life of a gamer with no income. But I still have the game, I'm keeping for when I can afford another GBASP. But there's no way I'm getting a GBA, it would counteract my nostalgia.

Sheik

:the:
I think the first handheld I owned for myself was a black DSi. However, I had been playing on my brother's red GBA ever since I was a wee lad.

EDIT: As for games, all the Gen III Pokemons. Hell to the yeah.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
'twas a GBA SP. We had Donkey Kong (The classic NES game), Advance Wars 2, Super Mario Advance (which was basically just a remastered version of Super Mario Bros. 2), and Doctor Mario. I only have 2 of these games at the present time.

I want to say that it was a Sega GameGear, and that my first game was that one Ren & Stimpy game. I'm not entirely sure, though, as I must have been, like, three/four years old and it was a hand-me-down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom