• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Some Weird Stuff You Believed in As a Child?

D

Deleted member 14134

I also thought that my toys came to life when I wasn't in my room (thanks Toy Story).
They do.
Up until about age seven was convinced there were people plotting to kidnap me.
Oh they haven't stopped plotting my sweet child.

One thing I remember when I was like 4 was I thought tornadoes were living creatures. My mom made a comment about screaming if she saw one and I told her that that'd be stupid because it'd hear her and come and get us.

They do.

Oh they haven't stopped plotting my sweet child.

One thing I remember when I was like 4 was I thought tornadoes were living creatures. My mom made a comment about screaming if she saw one and I told her that that'd be stupid because it'd hear her and come and get us.

That's interesting. I like that one. :)

That if you said you hated something, you could break it. (Thanks dad!)

Or a small child's head could put a dent in solid concrete (thanks dad again!)

And that you had to be married to have babies (thanks mom?) and that penis and vagina were naughty words.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
-The Moon follows me wherever I go (especially when I'm riding in the car)
-There's a ninja assassin hiding in my shower
-You magically became pregnant when you got older
-Etc.

It's not like I still believe in any of that... at all... whatsoever... am i high right now

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Imma jump on the bandwagon. I used to believe in this silly little thing called Christianity until.............. nah, sorry, can't do it. My faith in God has only gotten stronger as I've matured, and it has helped me develop into the loving individual that I am today. But as I've grown up I've dispensed of the overly simplistic viewpoint of God as some old dude riding up on a cloud in the sky, so I guess that counts.

Onto other matters, hmm... I used to believe that once I fell asleep I had to keep my eyes closed and not move a muscle otherwise monsters would see I'm awake and get me. I also believed that, whenever I was in car rides, I had to breathe at certain spots on the road (specifically, at 90-degree and 45-degree angles from the electric poles. Don't ask, I was a weird kid.) I also believed that my Christmas tree angel was possessed (actually that hasn't been disproven so technically I STILL believe that). Oh yeah, and I also believed that my teachers either lived at school or stopped existing when school was out, but then I ran across my favorite elementary teacher in the supermarket and that idea stopped dead in its track.

-The Moon follows me wherever I go (especially when I'm riding in the car)
-There's a ninja assassin hiding in my shower
-You magically became pregnant when you got older
-Etc.

It's not like I still believe in any of that... at all... whatsoever... am i high right now

I forgot that I believed that about the moon too.
a bathroom would be a bad place to get assassinated by a ninja

I don't think I had any major beliefs as a child, (aside from standard stuff like Santa and whatnot- but I figured that out), But, SOMEHOW, I managed to convince myself for about two weeks, that there was a poo-monster in the back bathroom. (master bedroom bathroom) I don't know WHY, or how, but I think my over-active imagination kicked in and I sat down and thought "what if there was a poo monster, that wanted to eat my butt, living in this toilet?" and I started getting paranoid. But after about a week or two, I realized how ridiculous it was, and tossed the thought out of my head. xD

Mind you, I was very young.

And thus, The Great Mighty Poo was conjured ;)

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
When I was a kid I had a big imagination and I was a huge dinosaur lover. One time when we went to Knotts I went on the dinosaur ride and got to pick a souvenir and I chose an egg that said it had a dinosaur inside. I got all excited thinking it was real so I made a "nest" out a strawberry container and easter grass and put it under a lamp to hatch. Imagine my dismay when the stupid thing began melting and I realized it was a chocolate egg with a gummy dino in it. :rolleyes: That's pretty bad. :lol:
That's cute

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom