• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What was Mipha going to say?

I thought this wasn't even worthy of asking but ive just spoken to someone who has proven me otherwise so maybe its not as open and closed as i thought...

In the memory 'Return of Calamity Ganon' where Zelda and Link return from Mt. Lanayru and are met by the Champions, Mipha speaks to Zelda and attempts to offer her some advice to try and awaken her sealing powers...

Mipha says she's embarrassed by it but when she's using her healing power it helps if she thinks about- *boom Calamity Ganon*

Since Mipha and Link were (to be engaged) and were close anyway, i figured the obvious thing Mipha would be thinking about would be Link or her feelings for him.

I figured she'd tell Zelda to think about someone she cared for or even loved to help awaken her power.

But i've heard other theories, some which are just borderline nonsensical.

So, what do you think she was about to say?

funnier6

Courage~
Why was there not already a thread for this??

I 100% agree with your theory, cause it fits perfectly and I can't imagine she was going to say something stupid like ''I think about picklesss''

Same thing, I agree with your theory. I really don't see another thing Mipha would say. So yeah she was probably going to say something about her feelings towards Link.
But I would lke to know what where those nonsensical theories.

Same thing, I agree with your theory. I really don't see another thing Mipha would say. So yeah she was probably going to say something about her feelings towards Link.
But I would lke to know what where those nonsensical theories.

Some of them werent so bad but others...

-Think about her ancestor (i guess the one mentioned 10,000 years ago)

-Think about the Sages from Ocarina of Time (i dont know why)

-Think about songs from the past (i guess because there's a song of healing and Mipha heals)

-Think about Hyrule's history (i guess because she mentions other games in the ceremony)

Some of them werent so bad but others...

-Think about her ancestor (i guess the one mentioned 10,000 years ago)

-Think about the Sages from Ocarina of Time (i dont know why)

-Think about songs from the past (i guess because there's a song of healing and Mipha heals)

-Think about Hyrule's history (i guess because she mentions other games in the ceremony)

I can understand she thinking about her ancestor, and even the sages. She is probably a descendant of Ruto so she could be thinking about her as well, but I still have my doubts. The other two I really don't see why she would think in those.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Considering that Mipha looks at link as she says that(and there is a very obvious camera pan towards that). This is absolutely a no brainer

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I think you were right to assume that she thinks about Link. Anything else just seems like making an argument for the sake of arguing. We really don't know much about Mipha beyond her feelings for Link, so I feel as though it's kinda moot to seriously consider any other possibility. They'd be stabs in the dark, nothing more. There's strong implications for it being Link, and nothing to suggest otherwise.

Ninja

Well well well
Agree with the general consensus here. There is so much emphasis on Mipha having romantic feelings for him. Not only is it heavily implied in her memory, Mipha's Touch, but in her Vah Ruta appearances, through the King and Sidon saying it, and most importantly, the Zora Armor. The game shows her character having Link being the center of her world, I can't imagine any other reason why.

Zelda realizes her sealing power, finally, at the very moment Link was mortally wounded and they were about to be obliterated by the guardians. Zelda was thinking of Link and her love for him, we learn that from Kass. This being the base source for activating her sealing power could be the same way Mipha uses Link for her healing power.

However, I can't wrap my head around one flaw. Isn't it said that Mipha was born with healing powers? If she had them before meeting Link as a young child, what was her healing power catalyst? Or did she discover her healing power after falling for Link and wanting to "always protect" him?

Obligatory FISHWAIFU

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's the same as with Midna at the end of TP. We can only assume what she was about to say. Nintendo is very good at making things "clear" and then something happens and all we can do is guess. But I too think Mipha would have said something about the love for someone might help her to awake her powers.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
However, I can't wrap my head around one flaw. Isn't it said that Mipha was born with healing powers? If she had them before meeting Link as a young child, what was her healing power catalyst? Or did she discover her healing power after falling for Link and wanting to "always protect" him?
She said it "helps" when she thinks about [him]. Not that it was a requirement for her to be able to heal. We can assume that it's just more potent when she puts her feelings into it.

I don't think she would have been so direct as to say that she thinks about Link... probably more likely she would have simply said 'the ones she loves' or something along those lines... clearly implying that Link was one of those, but not restricting it solely to him.
The same is likely true for the other Champions... even though they don't appear to have anyone they love romantically, there are still those that they love in a more general sense of the term... for most of them, their love for their people is likely enough.
Zelda and Mipha are probably alike in this way... as princesses they would have led quite sheltered lives, so probably didn't get to know their people as well as the others, so didn't feel as strongly towards them, forcing them to think about specific individuals instread. In Mipha's case, her father and brother would likely have worked as well, but Zelda only had her father, and the two of them didn't seem to get along, leaving only Link.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Zelda and Mipha are probably alike in this way... as princesses they would have led quite sheltered lives, so probably didn't get to know their people as well as the others, so didn't feel as strongly towards them, forcing them to think about specific individuals instread. In Mipha's case, her father and brother would likely have worked as well, but Zelda only had her father, and the two of them didn't seem to get along, leaving only Link.
I can't speak for Zelda, but that's definitely not true for Mipha. She would regularly heal the wounds of Zora soldiers, which is why the elderly loved her so dearly. She also regularly healed Link as a kid, who visited to domain often. Link was in the "Big Bad Bazz Bridage" with Bazz, Rivan, and Gaddison and their antics often got them hurt. Considering how often Mipha healed Link's wounds back in those days, she must have been close with the others, too. Heck, Kodah says she asked Link to choose between her and Mipha. There's a mountain of evidence to the contrary of your idea that Mipha wasn't close with her people.

I can't speak for Zelda, but that's definitely not true for Mipha. She would regularly heal the wounds of Zora soldiers, which is why the elderly loved her so dearly. She also regularly healed Link as a kid, who visited to domain often. Link was in the "Big Bad Bazz Bridage" with Bazz, Rivan, and Gaddison and their antics often got them hurt. Considering how often Mipha healed Link's wounds back in those days, she must have been close with the others, too. Heck, Kodah says she asked Link to choose between her and Mipha. There's a mountain of evidence to the contrary of your idea that Mipha wasn't close with her people.
Just because they loved her does not mean she loved them in return... she may have simply considered it her duty... and the fact that it was specifically soldiers she healed and not civilians does fit with her having a sheltered upbringing.
We also know that Link came from a family of knights, taught other members of the Big Bad Bazz Brigade how to use a sword, and all of the known members went on to become knights themselves... which makes them sound a lot like a group of cadets in training... this would explain why they kept getting hurt, and why Mipha would have healed them along with the soldiers... plus, it would seem that Mipha herself knew how to fight as well, so may well have been trained alongside them.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Just because they loved her does not mean she loved them in return... she may have simply considered it her duty... and the fact that it was specifically soldiers she healed and not civilians does fit with her having a sheltered upbringing.
We also know that Link came from a family of knights, taught other members of the Big Bad Bazz Brigade how to use a sword, and all of the known members went on to become knights themselves... which makes them sound a lot like a group of cadets in training... this would explain why they kept getting hurt, and why Mipha would have healed them along with the soldiers... plus, it would seem that Mipha herself knew how to fight as well, so may well have been trained alongside them.
Mipha literally laments causing her people to suffer and she, as a spirit, asked them not to continue to cry over her. That's what started their Champion festival. There's no way you can tell me she didn't love her people. Her entire character and everything about her story implies otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom