• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past What Was Link's Uncle Going To Say?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I looked for threads similar to this and did not find any, soooo

One of the many mysterious found in The Legend of Zelda series is what Link's uncle was about to say before he kicked the bucket. The wounded man stated, "Zelda is your..." but never finished.

Now my question for you amazing people at ZD is, how was he going to end his sentence? Was he about to tell Link that Zelda is related to him, or possibly just that Zelda is Link's responsiblitiy?

Majora's Cat

How about that
Many confuzzled fans have wondered the same thing:

[video=youtube;3j1rCEw2y9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1rCEw2y9g[/video]

If you're young, sensitive or innocent (or all of the above), don't watch the video. Now to answer the question, the possibility of him saying that Zelda is related to Link is pretty much cross ed out immediately. I would go with the latter, that the fate of Zelda is in Link's hands and that he must protect her. That's the only thing that would make much sense, as is the case with many classic "damsel in distress" games.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Many confuzzled fans have wondered the same thing:

[video=youtube;3j1rCEw2y9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1rCEw2y9g[/video]

If you're young, sensitive or innocent (or all of the above), don't watch the video. Now to answer the question, the possibility of him saying that Zelda is related to Link is pretty much cross ed out immediately. I would go with the latter, that the fate of Zelda is in Link's hands and that he must protect her. That's the only thing that would make much sense, as is the case with many classic "damsel in distress" games.

you get a like for putting down EGORAPTOR!!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't think Zelda is Link's sister or even related to him, so I think he was going to say fate or destiny or something along those lines.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
In the original SNES version of the game, Link's Uncle says this:

"Link, you can do it!
Save the Princess...
Zelda is your... ... ..."

However, in the GBA version, there were several alterations to the text such as the Seven Wise Men being called Sages to better fit with the games that came afterwards. In the GBA version, Link's Uncle says this:

"Link...you must rescue
Princess Zelda. Our people are
fated to do so."

It's fair to take the GBA version as a retcon of the original game (again, I refer to the Wise Men becoming Sages as evidence of this) and so, given the theme of fate, it would make sense for the original line to be "Zelda is your destiny."
Then again, if we do take the GBA text as canon over the SNES text, then that line was technically never said.

Fig

The Altruist
I always thought that he was going to say to Link that Zelda was his last hope. It makes sense and it gives reason for Link to save the Kingdom of Hyrule. But that's just me.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I don't think Zelda is Link's sister or even related to him, so I think he was going to say fate or destiny or something along those lines.

You know i was joking right?
But on that note the old sharallasal guy has to be Obi Wan

Ganon is Links Father, they told me enough, they told me you ... wait actually they didn't tell me anything.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
You know i was joking right?
But on that note the old sharallasal guy has to be Obi Wan

Ganon is Links Father, they told me enough, they told me you ... wait actually they didn't tell me anything.

I wasn't replying directly to you. There are many people who believe that Link and Zelda are related in A Link to the Past because of what the Uncle was going to say, and I just stated my opinion that I don't think that could be the case.

Uncle : "Zelda is my wife."
Link : O.O
lol

Joke aside, i think he was about to say that that Zelda is his sister or that they are related. Or may that it's Link's duty to protect her.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Your only hope? Your destiny? Your mother? Your new best fraand? Your slave?

Idk. No one does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom