• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What "wacky" Beliefs Did You Use to Have in the Zelda Games?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
twlight princess was a sequel to wind waker,same link [those were the only two zelda games,aside fsa,that i played during childhood,so i thought there had to be some connection or something,i remember even looking up in the sky at tp to see if i could see the watery effects like in wind waker's hyrule field sky]

ocarina of time had graphics similar-ish to melee & soul calibur 2.....*sigh*

there was some shop and a mystical environment inside mother & child's isle in wind waker,i was stuck on how to get there for so long...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have tried countless times to get into what's his face's house, Beth's father, in Ordon Village..

I used to think Skull Kid had to be defeated during the first battle atop the Clock tower. I thought you had to continuously blow bubbles at him until he died. I tried probably around 40ish times before realizing that was not the case.

I heard there was a hidden room in the Tower of the Gods in which Mew could be obtained as an item, and then transferred to any Generation 3 Pokemon game via Pokemon Colosseum... I was very gullible back then. XD

I thought Saria was Peach in disguise.

I spent a lot of time in the Stone Tower Temple looking for "Ben". This was admittedly only a few years ago.

I watched my friend play Twilight Princess shortly after its release, and I saw the Midna symbol on the Z button. I thought that was an older and more detailed version of Navi.

There's probably more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I thought Groose was Ganondorf. I figured; "Red hair, darker skin, yellow eyes, hates me, name that starts with a G... Must be Ganondorf!!" (That one's really embarrassing since SS only came out two years ago... :sweat:)

To be fair, we ALL thought that Groose was gonna turn out to be Ganondorf or the ancestor to Ganondorf at first. Could still be his ancestor, but we'll never really know.

Salem

SICK
I heard there was a hidden room in the Tower of the Gods in which Mew could be obtained as an item, and then transferred to any Generation 3 Pokemon game via Pokemon Colosseum... I was very gullible back then. XD

I thought Saria was Peach in disguise.
lol wat?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I thought Link's primary occupation was mask collecting (My first game was MM)
I thought every game without a direct sequel took place in a different dimension. (I was almost right)
I thought Sheik was a guy.
I thought Sheik was a girl.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
I used to think that you could really cross the Gerudo gorge in OOT with the cucco, and I would keep trying even though it took me ages to get back up there.

The first time I saw OOT Ganondorf asking Link where the white horse with the Princess had gone, I honestly thought he'd give him some wrong directions to buy Zelda some time (Ganondorf seemed positively lost, and he would have believed a genuine answer from a scared kid). Instead, Link drew his tiny sword and wooden shield to face an adult, armed, angry sorcerer king of the Thieves on a damn big black horse and stood in the RIGHT WAY WHERE ZELDA HAD GONE, and I thought Link was stupid.

I used to think the Gerudo Pirates in MM would eventually befriend Link like they did in OOT, so I showed up from time to time to the guards and they always shot back and chased me.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
These are all OoT related because that was the game I played youngest so was more gullible/messed up in the head. Also, we usually played on my brother's saved and partially or fully completed files because we were literally kids:

I thought Sheik was a guy but I think everyone did, pretty much.

I also thought Stalchildren could kill me easily so me and my friend used to refuse to cross Hyrule Field as a child and would warp everywhere which created a lot of problems, e.g. we could never go to Lon Lon Ranch unless my brother was there to walk across the field for us, we didn't discover Gerudo Valley was a thing for like, 3 years because we never visited that part of the map, and we would only enter the village via the Lost Woods and Goron City.

Oh and lol, I thought you could beat the running man...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I thought in Melee Young Link was Link's little brother
I thought Sheik was an actual different guy who was like bonded to Zelda and came out whenever she needed protection
I thought you had a set time limit to beat Majora's Mask and if you didn't beat it in time you had to start over (turned me off from playing it for a long time haha)
I thought i read somewhere the Falbi was a girl and it freaked me out
Remember that house in TMC castle town where there's 2 doors but one is locked and the other you walk in and u can't reach the other side which has chests a heart piece and like a record player thing? I thought you couldn't access that in the game, it was just put there to tease the player

I used to think the key to the first locked door in the first dungeon of the minish cap:ezlo: was in hyrule castle. I spent ages looking through there for that key. I also used to think zelda was a game where you went through a maze to get from A to B like in those puzzle books. Strangely I never thought link was zelda.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
I used to think that there were only 5 Links or so and they were all directly related. (Twilight princess didn't help that much) Used to think that Marian was Zelda and that Zelda never appeared in the games, instead I thought all the games lead up to some big finale with Zelda at the end. Adding to that I always thought Link was on that same big quest to find Zelda and that's was he was seen sailing in some of the games. (I was 8, okay?) And last I thought Ganon was immortal and could not be killed (Though I wasn't that far off)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom