• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What "wacky" Beliefs Did You Use to Have in the Zelda Games?

1. I use to believe that in ALttP there was a room in the castle dungeon full of powerful rats that would kill you with one hit. This came about when a friend told me he went into a room with rats and one came up and killed him with one hit. Of course now I debunk this as him entering a room with rats and he only had 1 heart left.
2. You know that art drawing for ALttP that shows the Triforce around those floating pillars or whatever? I use to believe that was in game somewhere and you could get to it somewhere in the dark world.
3. Also in ALttP for whatever reason I believed there was a "Indian" character somewhere on Death Mountain and he gave you a powerful item. I don't remember what item I believed he gave you but... ya...
4. AoL was my first Zelda game so I had no idea who Link was or even knew about any Zelda games so I thought I was playing a Robin Hood game.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I used to believe Link was called Zelda (haven't we all?)
I thought you could get Majoras Mask in Wind Waker (Nintendo Gallery)
I thought the ships in TWW were monster heads that shot cannonballs at you.
I thought the Zols in AoL were the Slimes from Dragon Quest.
I was tricked into thinking there was a secret area in Peak Province that contained a bunch of Golden Chus.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I used to think Zelda was a survival horror series, but with swords. Before I got to play any of the games myself, the only time I saw it was when my brother's friend brought OoT over, and for some reason the only parts I saw were the spooky or downright freaky parts. Stalchildren attacking you without warning in Hyrule Field at night; Underneath the Well; Shadow Temple. That kind of stuff. Needless to say, I had a skewed view of it at first.

Here are a few of the better ones that I actually remember:
• The bouncy white flowers (variation of the grass texture) in A Link to the Past are evil
• Ganon is Irish
• Zelda was the same person in all the games, so she is really an old person flirting with various young boy in green clothes (something like that xD)
• The land mines in A Link to the Past were magic bottles in disguise (I blew up every single time[noparse] ;-;)[/noparse]
• Those girls in Kakariko Village in A Link to the Past are both Princess Zelda
• Din and Farore were dudes (I didn't actually know who the goddesses were, so when I first read the names; Din, Nayru and Farore; in an Ocarina of Time item list, I only registered Nayru as a female name)

I'm having a really hard time thinking of what else... I know there was quite a handful. I did misread the names of characters, locations and enemies quite often, but other than that, I can't recall many others. Either way... nerm.

......"Ganon is Irish." You know it's true, guys. :bleh:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I believed that the Hero's Shade was the manifestation of the lingering regrets of the Hero of Time.

Oh, wait...

Troll_Face.png

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Hmmm...

I thought Link's name was Zelda.

I thought Link was an elf.

I thought Ganondorf was a goron.

All those were short lived...

This one isn't me, but it counts: I talked to somebody online who thinks Midna's imp form is her true form, she took that form at the end of the game by using her magic as a special goodbye to Link, and the cutscenes that show Zant turning her into an imp are Link's imagination.

On the subject of TP, before it came out and my friend told me about the twilight triggered wolf form, I thought you would be able to run back and forth, into the twilight and back, and keep switching forms.

Last edited:
I thought before MM came out, you had to choose to either be a deku, goron or zora at the beginning and thats how you would play out the adventure. For some reason, I was planning to pick deku!

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I thought that the little Gohma babies in The Deku Tree in OoT were the boss of the dungeon.
I also thought that in MM, the way to beat Skull Kid when you first get the Ocarina back, was to throw pots at him. I didn't realize that you actually had to go to the temples. I WAS A YOUNG CHILD OK!?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
• The bouncy white flowers (variation of the grass texture) in A Link to the Past are evil

Omg me too! This was one of the thoughts I had when I was, like, seven years old. ;p

I also thought that the Hero's Shade was TP Link's dad or OoT Link; of course it was confirmed later on but back then it was pretty radical to think like that in some corners of the Internet.

I also also thought that the four swords games were on their own separate timeline.

Big Octo

=^)
I used to think that there was more to Hyrule Castle from Ocarina of Time, in that there were more areas to explore and alternate entrances, especially into the interior of the castle. I thought that I could somehow fight Ganondorf early, meet the king, and end the game early. Over the years, I've obviously learned that this is not such, but it still seems like an interesting idea to think about.

I also remember buying into that finding the Triforce in OoT hoax early on. It was a brief period, mind you, but I tried my hardest to find it. I tried looking for hidden caverns and such, but it was, of course, fruitless, as I soon found out. I did find many Golden Skulltalas, though.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
My brother and I spent countless hours trying to find the unused unicorn fountain that was supposed to be in OOt. We were so sure it was still in the game. Obviously, we now know that is not such.
I thought that if you pressed the buttons in the right order at the end of OOt, MM and TP (When I thought this, these were the only games I'd played) that you could continue playing after the final boss and credits. (I still kinda wish that were true.)
I thought Groose was Ganondorf. I figured; "Red hair, darker skin, yellow eyes, hates me, name that starts with a G... Must be Ganondorf!!" (That one's really embarrassing since SS only came out two years ago... :sweat:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom