• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What video game series would you like to see Nintendo animate next?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
With Nintendo buying an animation studio and renaming it Nintendo Pictures, and also making the Mario Movie, I've been getting really excited at the prospect of them making more adaptions for other video games series. I think it's obvious that one of the ones a lot of us probably want is zelda something lol, but I also really would like to see something with splatoon, like a story filled with action-packed battles or something.
I do hope that they'll do 2d animation alongside 3d, because I think 2d would be better for the style of the zelda games. 3d could work with a WW style, but BotW, TP, SS, I'd like to see them animate a show with graphics similar to anime.

What animated adaptions would you like to see?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
this will never happen b/c Nintendo probably don't even remember they have this, but Hotel Dusk

that game was so compelling and well-written that a TV show adaptation would make a lot of sense, though a 70's noir drama like that would probably have limited appeal compared a bunch of other series they have

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I would love a Splatoon movie, but only if they don't give the characters English speech and stick with them speaking in Inkling. Giving them actual English voices would just ruin the whole feel of Splatoon. But I think they could do some cool ideas with the lore.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
They already did some Pikmin shorts a couple of years ago, and I believe a full Pikmin movie would be amazing! You'd just have to find some good voices for Olimar & Co. and you're good to go!

I think I'd like to see Star Fox, but done via something like Jim Henson's creature shop (the cover of the original game makes me want that).

I'd like to see Star Tropics revisited. Doesn't matter how.

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
Zelda aside, an Animal Crossing movie would be great. There was an anime for Wild World back in the 2000's, but it was never localized - I'm sure there were many fandubs, though. I'd love to see one with New Horizons specifically.

I've always wondered what it'd be like if Nintendo made a Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort movie. I can see why this wouldn't happen because of the game's simple/basic genre and CPU Miis who lack personality (quite literally), but it's still something cool to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom