• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Type of Transportation Do You Like in the LOZ?

What type of transportation do you people like? I personally like to travel by the lofting the best because you can land anywhere and you can fly. :) write your opinion!

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I will always love Epona the most. My favorite transport hands down. I don't know why, but it always felt so cool to travel by horse. Even when i could teleport everywhere, I still used her. It was just fun, I suppose. And saving her from Lon Lon Ranch? Very satisfying.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I will always love Epona the most. My favorite transport hands down. I don't know why, but it always felt so cool to travel by horse. Even when i could teleport everywhere, I still used her. It was just fun, I suppose. And saving her from Lon Lon Ranch? Very satisfying.

I think my love for Epona (and the loftwing) comes from the fact that they're living creatures. I dunno, there's just something different about riding on living creatures than riding on a train or a steamboat.
And I don't count the King of Red Lions as a living creature... :wynaut:

I'd have said flying if the flying felt like flying, WW's Deku Leaf did better than the Loftwing for giving me a sense of floating on the wind.

The King of Red Lions from Wind Waker is my favourite mode of transport in Zelda, its action packed, serene and awe-inspiring all at the same time to sail across the great sea and sometimes even a little scary and the KoRL really makes me fee as if i'm sailing and discovering and there is always a sense of finding something new.

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
I love to travel by Loftwing because It isn't impeded by mountains or other unstable terrain because it can fly, plus when there aren't any monsters in the air and no tornados in your way, it's relaxing to fly around.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I like Epona. But if i were able to use a loftwing in an over world like OoT, it would be more enjoyable. the segmented areas of SS was something i felt hindered the exploration part of the zelda franchise. If i were able to fly everywhere in the game i would for sure choose a Loftwing, over Epona. But with the fact that the loftwing in the game its in, can only fly over and around Skyloft, its just not that cool, but the Loftwing only looses because of the one complaint i have about SS, and that is that all the areas are cut off from one another, and you cant fly your loftwing under the clouds. so..... Epona = Winner!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Epona: I mean what more could you want. You can ride a horse and battle monsters. Epona also gets good music and some abilities as time goes on. Also, lets not forget OoT was the first game to ever attempt something like this. Epona is amazing. Her and her song will reside with me forever.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I would have to by horseback but I do like walking asa method of transportation as well...

I like going by Horseback because if your in need of a quick way from travelling from A-B then Epona is a happy medium, you can still take in the sense of adventure as well as the overworld but still manage to get to your destination quickly. I have never been to fond of quick travel methods such as teleporting and in most cases i would rather hop on Epona and travel the right way, I guess it just makes the experience more real for me.*

Saying that as well by travelling by Horseback you can choose to either ride fast ot take in the experience. I found myself doing this in*TP's overworld and Hyrule Field, I would mainly travel by Epona from point to point but I would also just generally explore or engage combat with enemies.

Din Akera

Sniper
It honestly depends on what I'm doing in the game. If I'm powering through the dungeons and just trying to get to a certain point in the game or complete the game I would pick warping. If i'm leisurely play and just enjoying my Zelda time then Epona, definitely. If it is my first play through of the game then it is just walking. I want to see everything there is to see in a new game, find the hidden caves/holes and secrets. If I had to pick an overall, I would pick WolfLink from TP. It is the combination of all of these modes of transportation. I can walk, run/gallop, or warp. In fact, I think that TP had the best transportation system of all the games. You had so many options: wolf, warp, epona, walk. It was fantastic.

As to the loftwing situation. I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't that I disliked it, don't get me wrong. But I thought it was rather boring you had to just glide until you go to the place you wanted to be. My biggest complaint has already been stated though. I really didn't like that it was confined to Skyloft. If all the areas had been accessible to each other and you could fly above them and drop kinda wherever you wanted to I would have liked it better. But really the major issue was the lack of places to visit in Skyloft via loftwing. The chests were the main attraction and they were one time deals. a couple minigames and a bar and beyond that...octorocks. To be completely honest my favourite part of fly on the loftwing was the training exercise where you had to break the targets. Beyond that, I didn't really care for it.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I loved the Loftwing, if only because of the awesome concept. "Oh, you have a horse? Well I have a FRIGGEN ENORMOUS CRIMSON SHOEBILL!!! So there."

I love horseback and boat. Loftwing flying would have been my favorite if they could have done it right. Well, I suppose the flying itself was fine, I just wish they would have been placed in a better designed sky/overworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom