• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Type of Graphics Do You Prefer in the Zelda Games?

What Type of Graphics Do You Prefer in the Zelda Games?

• Cel-Shaded (e.g. Wind Waker)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3D (e.g. Ocarina of Time)

• 2D

• I don't pay such attention to the graphics

• Other

• Total voters
H

Hero Of Water

I don't pay much attention to the graphics but if I'd have to choose I'd vote for the 3D. Twilight Princess has the best graphics in Zeldas imo.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I can choose between 2D and cel-shading. I was the most amazed by the WW's cel-shaded graphics but I love 2D old style. I prefer cel-shading when it comes to a home console Zelda and 2D when it comes to a handheld.

Djinn

and Tonic
Actually I thought the cell shaded graphics of Wind Waker was very good. It was the cartooney artstyle and unusual character design that turns people off. Unfortunately it was the titles "cell shade" that took most of the blame when people complained about the look of the game. However I loved how it allowed for much more expression from the characters and animation from what would otherwise be just the background. It allows for much more interaction in the environment.

I do not know how many times I was stumped at what to do or where to go next until I noticed that Link was looking over at something. Then I became instantly curious at just what he was looking at. I also love how with cell shading there is not any huge noticeable difference between character models and backgrounds. In a lot of 3D games background textures appear to be very flat and two dimensional.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
My favourite graphics style is the one used on the N64, so OOT and MM graphics. Now, they aren't the most stunning nowadays, but they revolutionized graphics in the future games. Look at the TP realistic and WW cel-shaded graphics. OOT and MM were inovators in the graphics and gameplay areas. I also love the new 3DS graphics overhaul for OOT 3DS :P

M

Mikau38

unfortunately for every Zelda game that isn't Oot., i played that first so it was set as the standard for me. on all aspect. graphics, story, gameplay, epicness. Nintendo is yet to make a game to surpass Oot. i'd say 3-D, Cel-Shaded, then 2-D.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I also like the cel-shaded graphics...and I'm more used to them, so to speak, since tWW was the first Zelda Game i ever played and beat, but i also like the 3D graphics of TP, for it brought more depth into the landscape and such, but the cel-shaded are still my more favoured.

~Swift

SheikahSoul

Decadence
3D in the style of Oot,TP and SS.
The 3D will allow the greatest views of the scenery in the land of Hyrule, both in the nature and in temples.

M

MushroomBoy64

I honestly like the graphics seen in Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Other than that, it's gameplay that counts the most to me in Nintendo's games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom