• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What type of gamer are you?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I believe there are two types of people.

Hardcore gamers. Those who are dedicated to games. Who spent countless hours finding every secret room and upgrade. Those who catch on to the concept of games quickly and find them very easy, they tend to breeze through the game and not die a lot. This is that sweaty tryhard sitting across the room at the Smash tourney.

Then there are those who some would call noobs/normies/casual gamers. These people just play the game to have fun. They take their time, do the bare minimum to complete the game and don’t pursue the more difficult, optional side quests often times. They tend to spend a lot of time on the game over screen and laughing at a close up shot of a Goron’s Lips.

So I ask you

Are you SUPER SWEATY TRYHARD or a cool casual n00b or an In-BeTwEeN InDiGo?

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I’m in between. I will spend hundreds of dedicated hours having fun. Fun doesn’t have to be maximum difficulty. There are things I won’t do if they aren’t fun for me, like a majority of the sidequests in Skyrim, but then I can spend hundreds of hours in BotW just exploring and having fun. Fun is what you make of it.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I think I'm like Az y'know messing about in some games and getting kinda hardcore in others

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Call me an in-between. I do pick up game concepts fairly quick and I love exploring a game, in some games I don't die much, in other games I die a lot - it all depends. I don't chase down challenge, though, I do what's fun to me. I like doing the optional content, but if it gets so hard that it stops being fun, then I don't see the point.

Ninja

Well well well
Are you SUPER SWEATY TRYHARD or a cool casual n00b?

I fall in the middle ground of super sweaty casual noobhard.

I'll play a game that I'm into potentially for hundreds of hours, trying to complete everything to ensure I get the full value of the game. At the same time, there are other games like arcade fighters and racing games that I'll thrown on for an hour or two just for ****s n' giggles.

In between.

I play for story so my goal is always to see it through to a conclusion. If I didnt enjoy it too much i probably won't do much else.

But if I love the game i'll want to see everything and will go for 100%.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
It seems everyone here is in between. Myself included.

In Skyrim, I'm going for 100% and I don't care how long it takes. BoTW, I could skip a few quests or something like that.

So I'm hardcore in some games, medium in some, and bare minimum in some games.

In a game like Smash, I try to be the very best that I can be, always training and playing harder and what have you, being hardcore.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I doubt any active member of these forums are the casual type, otherwise I doubt they'd even be on here, and the "super ultra hardcore" are a pretty niche type so I doubt there'd be many on here either
many of us just fall in the middle line

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
These days I’d classify myself somewhere in the middle but closer to the casual side than the hardcore side. This is mainly due to so many work, study, and travel commitments that have made it difficult to dedicate so much time to games in recent times. I’d like to pick up the pace again soon though.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I'd barely even call myself a gamer, I mean, I enjoy video games, but they aren't that much of a hobby for me.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
InDiGo definitely. I really only play online in games that take more skill than shooting until it dies. Otherwise I play on my own clearing challenges and collecting achievements.

Quin

Disaster Master
Those who are dedicated to games. Who spent countless hours finding every secret room and upgrade. Those who catch on to the concept of games quickly and find them very easy, they tend to breeze through the game and not die a lot. These people just play the game to have fun. They take their time
Mixed most of the first with a bit of the second.

Like most here, a mix, but I guess leaning more to the hardcore side. Its more than just a hobby for me and I can really get into some games, but I'm still there to have fun first and foremost, and for me that doesn't count being a tryhard in smash.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I'm propably more in-between, I try to experience the story and find secrets, extras and other hidden stuff in between story. I'm not that hardcore player, but I still try my best to accomplish everything I can to get the most out of the game while I'm interested in it, such as beat secret or post-game challenges. However, even though I enjoy grinding, looking for specific armor sets with specific attributes needed for superbosses usually turns me away from completing them.If bosses or other special things need ridiculous amount of work to fight them or accomplish them, then I usually just let them go.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
These days I’d classify myself somewhere in the middle but closer to the casual side than the hardcore side. This is mainly due to so many work, study, and travel commitments that have made it difficult to dedicate so much time to games in recent times. I’d like to pick up the pace again soon though.
You hit it on the head for me man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom