• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What type of compilations do you like the most?

What type of compilations do you like the most?

• Series

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Company

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Compilations are great for having multiple games on one disc/cart. There are a few forms that they can take though, which kind do you like the most?

Series examples: Jak & Daxter HD Collection, Kirby's Dream Collection, Castlevania Anniversary Collection, etc.

Company examples: Sega Genesis Classics, SNK 40th Anniversary Collection, Rare Replay, etc.

The only other kind I can think of is as bonus games like the Game Gear games for Sonic Adventure DX or the arcade versions of Tekken 1-3 on Tekken 5, but those are a bit more uncommon, especially these days.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Can you explain the difference between the two?:suspicious:
Anyway my favourite compilation is Prince of Persia: Trilogy

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Can you explain the difference between the two?:suspicious:
Anyway my favourite compilation is Prince of Persia: Trilogy
yeah; by series, I mean that its a collection of just the games in a single series, this is a pretty common one so more examples would be like the MGS HD Collection, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Grandia Collection, and so on

by company, I mean that it's a compilation of various games from that company's works and not focused on a single series, hence something like Rare Replay which features a bunch of Rareware games and isn't solely focused on one series like say Banjo Kazooie, Namco Museum is another example as its a collection of a variety of Namco arcade games and not just the Pac Man series for instance

I prefer series to company.

My OCD would much rather prefer Mega Man 1-11 than a Capcom Classic compilation with Mega Man 2, 5 and 8 or something mixed in with everything else.

Even themed company releases like Capcom's Best Em Up Bundle can go wrong because they don't always include the good games of the genre.

Sorry for picking on you Capcom.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I'd go with series. I feel like with series compilations you know what you're getting and you'd want to play all the games that get included, whereas with company compilations you could some games you do want to play, but also games you don't really want to play or care for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom